Cigar Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Shags homely sheep
5,059 Posts
Yankee Fan

Hey I grew up a Pirate Fan and if you were around in 1960 that's all I got to say. Used to hate the Yanks until about a decade ago when I finally started admiring the way they played as a team. Jeter's play to get Jiambi out was nothing short of the best defensive play ever. I won't even go into the whine about how they can "buy a team" because the last few years have proven that false. If A-rod goes to either NY or Boston it is going to just make baseball all the more popular because it will get a ton more media attention. But I don't know if A-rod can handle the pressure, it's a tough place to play. Still don't know if NY will be able to handle the season without a starting rotation. I wanted San Diego to get Vazquez, I think he is a very good, smart pitcher, but the loss of Roger, Andy and David is too much to overcome. Hey pitcher and cathers report this week :u

·
Bacon Lover
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Even being a Yankee fan I agree with edisonbird - you can't buy a championship (just look at the last 3 yrs of the yankees). I do though think it makes baseball that much more interesting that the yanks got A-Rod. Then again Im not a Brewer- pirate - lion - baltimore, etc.. fan.

Like I said before, I love being a Yankee fan b/c every year is a new soap opea.
If it makes anybody feel better, I am also a Jets fan, so I know the pain of losing also..........
:mad:

·
Registered
718 Posts
smokemifyagotem said:
If it makes anybody feel better, I am also a Jets fan, so I know the pain of losing also
Oh, I can share that pain. I'm a NY Giants fan. Last season was pretty tough on the loyalties. I guess you could say I'm a Yankee fan, but I find I'm losing interest in all pro sports lately.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Being a die hard Red Sox fan since I was a kid, this really hurts. Sure, I like some of the Yankee players singularly, but not as a fuggin' behemoth.

Oh, and now it looks like King George is gonna sign Maddux by the end of the week , as well. One can only hope that they implode like the Lakers.

·
Bacon Lover
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Exactly - Money isn't everything. Im a Yankee fan and I still won't feel confident until they actually win the World Series.
I does feel good to look forward to the season though. Its hard to believe, but 8 out of 9 spots on their lineup are all-stars.
God Bless Steinbrenner - love him or hate him he runs it like a business and always tries to put the best possible "product" on the field for the fans. All the $$ he makes in revenue he actually puts back into the team.

·
-
11,412 Posts
motortown said:
One can only hope that they implode like the Lakers.
how have they imploded? half their starters are injured, and they're only a few games out of first place.

i can't really say, as i don't pay attention to anything but pro football now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.