Cigar Forums banner

Any one into 3d printers?

468 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  ADRUNKK 
#1 ·
I just picked up my first 3d printer and cannot wait for it to arrive. I got the Ultimaker S5 with material station and air manager. Not only does it print virtually every filament out there, but it can print 316 stainless steel filament too (although it does involved post processing to print stainless). Has any one else taken the plunge? What are you running and how bad was the learning curve?

#4 ·
the learning curve all depends on he final print finish. how picky you are. I have two. Voron 2.4 and a Voron 0.1 and to dial them took days and test printing alot. once its dialed in its fine. I can make some stuff in CAD to print but nothing crazy. I wish I could. 3d printing is endless if you are a master in CAD. otherwise just printing premade files that other users already made.

#5 ·
I got an Ultimaker S5 with material station and top filtration system. Using their filament with premade settings has worked out amazing.

Got a couple Bambu X1 carbons coming in and I cant wait for those to arrive.

I'm really proficient in SOLIDWORKS so Im hoping to start creating my own ideas soon, instead of printing other peoples stuff off of Thingiverse.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.