Cigar Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My analog hygrometer is way out of wack and had to already re-align it twice after salt tests.

My humidor said it was at 70% for a good two to three weeks. Checked the humidifiers and they were dry. Just refilled with 70/70 and the humidity says its 90% now... Hmm..

It was either good humidity and now its way to high, or it was way to low and now its nice. Not sure whats inacurate about the reading if its off by -20% or +20%. grr.

Looking for a Digital Hygrometer now to use the two, will also order a 1 step calibration kit.

Cannot find a good one for under $20.00. Under $10.00 would be awesome. xD

Still got to order myself some heartfelt beads, too poor at the moment haha.

·
Registered
124 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
I build a couple..., not that hard depending on what type of sensor you use
Some sensors even spit out 12 bit a/d conversions for you.
There are analog sensor that change resistance with humidity, do some math with a micro and display it.
Which sensors have you used? How do you display it? A two digit 8 segment display should be plenty no (not as pretty as an LCD though...?

:idea: The gears are spinning now!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Which sensors have you used? How do you display it? A two digit 8 segment display should be plenty no (not as pretty as an LCD though...?

:idea: The gears are spinning now!
this is the nicest senor I have seen expensive though

you could use a capacitive or restive ones and do some extra programing and math and get the same results

8 seg displays are fine, but hey lcds are cheap cheap now so why not... you could do temp and humidity on the same display

the works all done for you here, just hook up to a micro and then display

Nice temp sensor here

all in all in the end it would be cheaper to buy one, these project take hours and eat up some ready cash...but its fun!!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Walmart has the Accurites for $8.00 and they work really well as I have 4 of them and tested each one. They are accurate up to +/- 2%.

Here is a link about this that was posted here not long ago:
http://www.cigarforums.net/forums/v...u-rite-00613-digital-hygrometer-wal-mart.html
/confirm! They had these for <$8. They are a tad on the bigger side so I would make sure you used them for a Vino or Coolidor type thing. They were right by the paint section. Kinda strange I thought, but whatever.

They also have the ones Walt used here: YouTube - How to build a coolidor

·
The One & Only
751 Posts
Another vote for the Western Caliber III.

I've got 2 of them in my humidor and both are within +/- 1% of perfection.

·
Registered
188 Posts
The walmart are pretty damn accurate and cheap also. If your looking for something that is small this is not it. I can't complain about that since i can run down and pick one up if i have any issue or any complication comes up at any hours (24hr). And did i say their pretty accurate and cheap:biggrin:

And again this won't be great if you have space issue or want it to look pretty but it gets the job done.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.