Cigar Forums banner

Any Finck cigar smokers?

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  kbiv 
#1 ·
Local San Antonio cigar maker that has been in business for more than 100 years. They make some all natural hand rolled cheapo's and then they have their lines made by some famous cigar makers.
The 1893 is an incredible smoke for 2.50 a stick!

#2 ·
Long before I became the cigar freak that I am today, I was always fascinated with them even as a kid. One of my parents good friends was a cigar smoker and I told him all about my obsession with cigars(I watched a lot of old slapstick comedies and old movies in general, thus peaking my interest in stogies long before I smoked one)and he handed me a Finck catalog. I used to look through that thing all the time. I particularly was always curious about their house brand "Lambs club" just because I thought the name and logo were cool. Turns out Manny Quesada makes those cigars, whom I like a great deal with the Fonseca and Casa Magna lines,ect. Still haven't tried those yet but maybe I should some day to fulfill a childhood quest. I have never ordered through Finck but they will always have a place in my cigar memories.

#3 ·
When I first started smoking cigars regularly, my wife bought me a travel humidor filled with assorted cigars. A Finck was one of the many good smokes in that set. I don't remember which one I had, but I remember it was very good

#5 ·
At the time of SCHIP, Bill Finck wrote that the tax increase would cause him to shut down the Finck factory and put 59 people out of work. Just wondering whether that happened. Do you know?
No, they're still up and running. I recently read an article regarding their factory and it was a quick pictorial tour

#6 ·
They are still up and running and have a huge store here in SA. I received an email saying they were having a sample sale for a new line, but it was only on the 13th. I didn't really like some of their lines, such as the Resaca's and Charles the great, but their Cubano Lambs Club was one of the better cigars I've had.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.