Cigar Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TheSmokingHiker said:
Boomer Sooner :D
Ah yes, our neighbors to the north. Still feeling the burn of our encounter two years ago. Man, every time I see that Peterson run it makes want to invent a time machine to go back and somehow try to get him to sign with A&M. I'm really interested to see how OU will fair out this year, because when it comes down to it despite any in conference rivalries I always go for the Big 12 teams in Bowl Games, minus Tech of course.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TheSmokingHiker said:
As far as 2 years ago, all is forgotten. I agree with you about bowl games. I am big 12 all the way. Lets not talk about USC...
On the Big 12 and OU, I think OU will be in a up hill battle for the next few years, maybe not this year but definitely in two or three years to come. The reason I say that is because Brown and Stoops really benefited from the Slocum slue of non-recruiting which allowed Texas and OU to have the top picks from TX. Now with Fran hitting the recruiting job hard (we just picked up our 4th recruit for 06' a few days ago) OU and Texas have their work cut out for them. Bennett is a good example of this. Stoops has lost some of his most important staff which help make the OU of 02' 03' and 04'. And what is with White and his Bowl game gitter!!! Also we must remember that college football is cyclical; USC is helped out from a total domination over the top guys coming out of California. I just hope to God someone beats the HELL out of em'. I'm tired of seeing Big 12 teams beat in Bowl games. The Big 12 South is the hardest most competitive conference in football, and when we get beat that doesn't help our image.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Steal the thread.....yeah right

Yes this was a bad year for the Big 12 (esp. Neb. and OU in the Championship), but you guys totally disregarded what I said, NCAA football is cyclical. Teams and conferences have ups and downs. I wouldn't clump the ACC in with the SEC and Big 12 though. The ACC has V Tech., Miami, FS and that's about it (G Tech. and Vir sometimes have good years, and Maryland usually does good in recruiting, but that's all. remember that before this year the ACC didn't have V Tech., Vir, and Miami, and was dominated by FS). Plus I didn't even talk about the SEC in my earlier posts, seeing that all my comments were about the Big 12, but if I stepped on anyone's toes with the last few lines, sorry. Yes, the SEC is a hard conference. Despite how you guys tried to bash the Big 12 remember this:

2004 Conference Records
Big 12 (73-55)
SEC (73-56)
ACC (71-57)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.