Cigar Forums banner
22141 - 22160 of 22168 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,336 Posts
So I just got done arguing with Alexa to not buy a bunch of stuff on Amazon that my TV ORDERED... AGAIN.

I stash stuff in my cart so I don't forget what and where it was. The TV just told Alexa to buy some shampoo and cereal and put through my whole cart. Glad I caught it before it went through since I have the quick order thing on Amazon. I heard her talking and jumped up yelling no no no.

That's about the third time my TV ordered crap. If Alexa didn't run everything in my freakin house I'd toss her.

Any of yunz guys deal with this and how do I fix her?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
The Great Green One
2,931 Posts
So I just got done arguing with Alexa to not buy a bunch of stuff on Amazon that my TV ORDERED... AGAIN.

I stash stuff in my cart so I don't forget what and where it was. The TV just told Alexa to buy some shampoo and cereal and put through my whole cart. Glad I caught it before it went through since I have the quick order thing on Amazon. I heard her talking and jumped up yelling no no no.

That's about the third time my TV ordered crap. If Alexa didn't run everything in my freakin house I'd toss her.

Any of yunz guys deal with this and how do I fix her?

A hammer does the trick. Or turn on 2 step verification.

·
Super Moderator
17,336 Posts
A hammer does the trick. Or turn on 2 step verification.
I did that on Amazon.

Can't kill her. Then I'd have to turn on my own lights, lock my own doors, set my own thermostat and look out the window when someone drives up. That'd be exhausting

·
Registered
761 Posts
I get that. I’ll yell halfway across the house “Alexa turn off the kitchen lights” as I walk right by the light switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
I’ve had my mailbox completely demolished two times from my neighbors across the street driveway perfectly aligned with my box. People turning around in there drive that has columns no allowing to turn until my mailbox is demolished. So I had it rebuilt to the opposite side of my drive. Go out to check the mail and 10 Volvo parts laying in my drive. A new Volvo sideswiped it and didn’t have the courtesy to ring the doorbell or leave a note. Called my mailman and he said there was a silver Volvo speeding and swerving almost hit him, female driver, not from our neighborhood. One way in and same way out. Filed a police report, cool Cop, combat veteran. I gave him a cigar bomb lol, he left happy. Called insurance, they sent a construction company to see it and get an estimate. It moved it about 3 in on one side. The estimate is $2100 to tear down and build a new one. Waiting on insurance approval. I was able to get the lid to close with a little metal work. Some people just suck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,478 Posts
I’ve had my mailbox completely demolished two times from my neighbors across the street driveway perfectly aligned with my box. People turning around in there drive that has columns no allowing to turn until my mailbox is demolished. So I had it rebuilt to the opposite side of my drive. Go out to check the mail and 10 Volvo parts laying in my drive. A new Volvo sideswiped it and didn’t have the courtesy to ring the doorbell or leave a note. Called my mailman and he said there was a silver Volvo speeding and swerving almost hit him, female driver, not from our neighborhood. One way in and same way out. Filed a police report, cool Cop, combat veteran. I gave him a cigar bomb lol, he left happy. Called insurance, they sent a construction company to see it and get an estimate. It moved it about 3 in on one side. The estimate is $2100 to tear down and build a new one. Waiting on insurance approval. I was able to get the lid to close with a little metal work. Some people just suck!!

Ya' just need a bolder... er... boulder mailbox!

Plant Sky Tree Vegetation Land lot

·
Super Moderator
17,336 Posts
Great Idea, looks better than solid Iron post around it lol

Can you see your mailbox from the house? If you can, get a ring door bell. At least you'll have any incidents recorded for insurance. Think it's 3$ a month to store everything.

I have a doorbell,a camera on my garage, and one watching my back gate. It's a nice, secure neighborhood but people " borrow" stuff and then I'm calling all around trying to find it. At least now I know which one of MY FAMILY came around to borrow it.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Can you see your mailbox from the house? If you can, get a ring door bell. At least you'll have any incidents recorded for insurance. Think it's 3$ a month to store everything.

I have a doorbell,a camera on my garage, and one watching my back gate. It's a nice, secure neighborhood but people " borrow" stuff and then I'm calling all around trying to find it. At least now I know which one of MY FAMILY came around to borrow it.

Do all those cameras also order crap for you? :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
7,581 Posts

It’s a top priority now, my wife has been telling me that for months.

·
Super Moderator
17,336 Posts
It’s a top priority now, my wife has been telling me that for months.

It's a great minimal investment. Takes about 5 minutes to hook up

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Love the ring door bell. See on my phone anytime it rings who came over and it has a speaker capability for when you are not sure who is there at the door

·
Super Moderator
17,336 Posts
I know I am old when Dino is on the cutting edge of technology

It all started when I went on vacation and my mom had to come over to watch the dogs. I wanted to make sure there were lights on when she got here and I could watch that the dogs didn't knock her down the stairs. Then when I figured out how easy it was, just downloading an app and telling Alexa hook it all up. I figured screw it might as well do the whole house. I'm all for making life easier as long as it doesn't complicate things.

22141 - 22160 of 22168 Posts