Cigar Forums banner
22121 - 22140 of 22168 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,343 Posts
Through the grace of God today makes 15 years sober for me. It hasn’t always been easy or pretty but it is real.
nice job bro. I know it's tough. But it beats the hell outta the alternative.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Minister of Propaganda
1,300 Posts
I set out to cut my grass and my poor old 1997 Grasshopper gave me the afternoon off. After a mere 24 years of abuse and neglect, I’m gonna have to repair it for a second time!

The PTO shaft that drives the mower deck suddenly went to shaking like a Hemi Cuda running on 7 cylinders. The U-joint feels fine, but the whole shaft moves freely up and down at least an inch. Eh- Any excuse to not cut the grass will do.

You just can’t get anything to last more than two or three decades anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Went to lunch at Popeyes for my monthly dog food cravings...was told I could not order food without wearing a mask. Looked around and nobody eating or working in the back kitchen were wearing one... Walked out. Whatever happened to common sense or rationality?

·
Minister of Propaganda
1,300 Posts
Gentlemen, it’s time to break out the good stuff.

This month, I started my tenth year with my company. More importantly, I turned in my resignation notice today.

I’ve held a bunch of titles with my company that probably mean a lot to some people, but mean nothing to me, my daughter, or to the Good Lord. The pay has been good and the opportunities excellent; all of which I leveraged to the max.

When I started here, I held credentials from Middle Georgia Technical College and Auburn University, with experience as a turbine mechanic and inspector. I bought a house in Alabama when my wife got transferred to Ft. Rucker and figured I’d make a 6-month job out of an online posting for a service technician until I found my way back into aviation.

It turned out that the longer I stayed, the more money they threw at me and I managed to expand my education through Georgia Tech, picked up rough conversational German, and managed to see most of the states in addition to several foreign countries. I was never in love with what I did, but they paid me to do a job I’m good at and I made the most of the opportunities.

I have a knack for pattern recognition and market analysis, which I used to design several new products including the next-gen flagship product that should make it through certification and into shops by next summer. I managed to snag the single largest sale in the company’s history and will exceed my sales goal for FY2021/22 by at least 60%, which comes out to well over $1,000 revenue for every hour I worked this year. No other salesman in the past decade has met their sales goal. I did this while rolling out a new product (plagued with problems) to the North American market. I made Delta Gold and the top tier of loyalty with two hotel chains between January and July of this year to put hands on the equipment. Needless to say, I’ve spent some time away from home… a situation that requires remedy because I value my family much more than any job.

Boss man, who lives in Europe and has been to our US facility only once since January 2020, was kind enough to let me know that what he really needs is someone who will do more for the company at a lower salary. It turns out that the young man I’ve been training for the last six months will have my job by next spring. (He’s a good kid and there are no hard feelings between us)

So today I turned in my notice, took the afternoon off, and I’m going to spend the rest of the day playing my old guitar on my porch and talking with my beagle while I consult the wisdom of the leaf.

Here’s to the beginning of my next adventure.

·
Super Moderator
17,343 Posts
Attaboy.. they don't appreciate you or what you do to make them money, drag up and move on. When you're good at what you do, there's always somethin better around the corner.

It takes balls and confidence to know you can go anywhere else, and be the top guy. Hence the ATTABOY..

·
Minister of Propaganda
1,300 Posts
Attaboy.. they don't appreciate you or what you do to make them money, drag up and move on. When you're good at what you do, there's always somethin better around the corner.

It takes balls and confidence to know you can go anywhere else, and be the top guy. Hence the ATTABOY..

Thanks, Dino. If I had any sense about me, I’d be nervous. As it turns out, all I feel is relief.

·
Bloke with a Smoke
1,002 Posts
Gentlemen, it’s time to break out the good stuff.

This month, I started my tenth year with my company. More importantly, I turned in my resignation notice today.

I’ve held a bunch of titles with my company that probably mean a lot to some people, but mean nothing to me, my daughter, or to the Good Lord. The pay has been good and the opportunities excellent; all of which I leveraged to the max.

When I started here, I held credentials from Middle Georgia Technical College and Auburn University, with experience as a turbine mechanic and inspector. I bought a house in Alabama when my wife got transferred to Ft. Rucker and figured I’d make a 6-month job out of an online posting for a service technician until I found my way back into aviation.

It turned out that the longer I stayed, the more money they threw at me and I managed to expand my education through Georgia Tech, picked up rough conversational German, and managed to see most of the states in addition to several foreign countries. I was never in love with what I did, but they paid me to do a job I’m good at and I made the most of the opportunities.

I have a knack for pattern recognition and market analysis, which I used to design several new products including the next-gen flagship product that should make it through certification and into shops by next summer. I managed to snag the single largest sale in the company’s history and will exceed my sales goal for FY2021/22 by at least 60%, which comes out to well over $1,000 revenue for every hour I worked this year. No other salesman in the past decade has met their sales goal. I did this while rolling out a new product (plagued with problems) to the North American market. I made Delta Gold and the top tier of loyalty with two hotel chains between January and July of this year to put hands on the equipment. Needless to say, I’ve spent some time away from home… a situation that requires remedy because I value my family much more than any job.

Boss man, who lives in Europe and has been to our US facility only once since January 2020, was kind enough to let me know that what he really needs is someone who will do more for the company at a lower salary. It turns out that the young man I’ve been training for the last six months will have my job by next spring. (He’s a good kid and there are no hard feelings between us)

So today I turned in my notice, took the afternoon off, and I’m going to spend the rest of the day playing my old guitar on my porch and talking with my beagle while I consult the wisdom of the leaf.

Here’s to the beginning of my next adventure.

A man with priorities, and the right ones at that, scares those who chase the almighty dollar at any cost. Kudos to you and wishing you all the best with whatever you choose to make of your future.

22121 - 22140 of 22168 Posts