Cigar Forums banner
22061 - 22080 of 22116 Posts

·
Pipe Smokin' Piranha
5,365 Posts
I said come on baby it's hot in here and it's oh so cool outside... If you lend me a dollar I can buy some gas and we can go for a little ride...

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
Our Will was 25 plus years old so we have been working on a new one for two weeks now. It’s ready for signature. I included the Wounded Warriors Project and Prevent Child Abuse America as two Charities. Finishing up on a Living will that a tough one and a Power of Attorney. We had a new veterans cemetery open on Memorial day so applied for pre-burial for myself and spouse. Most people put this stuff off and leave a mess for others to deal with. That’s why we did our first one 25 years ago. It feels comforting to get this stuff out of the way. I have my best friend that is agreed to oversee some things of importance. He is rolling out his first 30 minute TV show soon. He’s sending me a video of it next week before it aires. He asked if I would be interested in joining his efforts. Who knows, but still looking forward to a few years on this planet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
Prayers for my wife her liver enzymes were elevated, yesterday was a Ultrasound, results were fatty liver early stage. It was the non-alcohol side of the enzymes. Nothing serious now but has to be monitored. We have some great supplements ordered. Dr said it was caused by a Traumatic childhood and has caused trauma to her body. BP goes from low to high with any stressful situations and in today’s world there’s plenty if that. Next month she is scheduled for lens implants to remove cataracts and correct astigmatism and she worries about that. Then I have to have the same surgery after she gets healed up. Insurance won’t pay for the astigmatism so thats another 3-4 grand out of pocket. It’s been a lot of stress since the Tornado damage last year. Not complaining just asking for thoughts and prayers. Thanks

·
Retired Chaos Designer
12,082 Posts
Prayers for my wife her liver enzymes were elevated, yesterday was a Ultrasound, results were fatty liver early stage. It was the non-alcohol side of the enzymes. Nothing serious now but has to be monitored. We have some great supplements ordered. Dr said it was caused by a Traumatic childhood and has caused trauma to her body. BP goes from low to high with any stressful situations and in today’s world there’s plenty if that. Next month she is scheduled for lens implants to remove cataracts and correct astigmatism and she worries about that. Then I have to have the same surgery after she gets healed up. Insurance won’t pay for the astigmatism so thats another 3-4 grand out of pocket. It’s been a lot of stress since the Tornado damage last year. Not complaining just asking for thoughts and prayers. Thanks

You got em brother.

·
THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG!
29,535 Posts

Prayers Sent!

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
Keep these families in your thoughts and prayers as well. This has all happened almost back to back. All my family and one friend

My nieces son-in-law just died of Covid 37yr old and leaves 4 children and a wife behind. One of our Pastors has Covid. My nephew has stage 2 prostate cancer. He is having surgery tomorrow. Another friend 49 years old has bladder cancer. Another nieces husband died with bone marrow cancer, found out just weeks before he died, he wasn’t very old. They just retired and bought a new motor home for traveling. Sorry to post so much bad news.

I have much empathy for the families of 13 soldiers that just gave their lives. All the Americans we left behind and their families.

The people in New Orleans and all others affected by Ida.

The 22 here about 80 miles from me that lost their lives, all the homes lost and still dozens missing.

Peace

·
Super Moderator
8,455 Posts
If I may lighten the mood...

I thought it might be about time to buy some more ammo.
My first inclination was to increase my stock of 45 ACP.
But now I'm not so sure.
I looked at my inventory spreadsheet.
I currently have 1,911 rounds on-hand.
Seems kinda' prophetic, doesn't it?
LOL

·
Super Moderator
17,220 Posts
9mm,12 & 20g is coming back to earth. 38 and 357 ammo is still crazy.

Rifle ammo is in the acceptable range and more importantly available. Now I can swap scores on my 308 and know I'll have enough bullets left to kill a deer.. lol

I had 11 shells left and thought if my scope gave me trouble, I'd be screwed. Be screwed, by screwed i mean have to use another Rifle. Haven't killed anything yet with my 308 and it bothers the hell outta me.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Pipe Smokin' Piranha
5,365 Posts
On the Remington, Winchester, and Federal websites... Along with several other ammunition manufacturers, all are saying that ammo production is back in full swing and should hit the shelves soon. We shall see.

I am having a heck of a time trying to find ammo for my 40 S&W, aside from Full Metal Jacket which I do not want.

·
Super Moderator
17,220 Posts
On the Remington, Winchester, and Federal websites... Along with several other ammunition manufacturers, all are saying that ammo production is back in full swing and should hit the shelves soon. We shall see.

I am having a heck of a time trying to find ammo for my 40 S&W, aside from Full Metal Jacket which I do not want.
Download the wikiarms app. They find all the lowest prices on the web. Ammo and guns.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: DSturg369
22061 - 22080 of 22116 Posts