Cigar Forums banner

21921 - 21940 of 21957 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,899 Posts
Took my first vacation ever. Rhon says deer and trout camp don't count.. lol

We rented a condo in North Myrtle 20 feet from the beach. Freakin beautiful. First time in the sand, first time in the ocean. Figured it was time since my grandson said " pap, you gotta see the ocean before you die." Lol.. He's gone to Florida and Myrtle every year since he was a baby.

First, I've never used sunscreen in my life and apparently don't know how to apply it. My legs got cooked(literally). But not my feet cause I had those water shoes on.. lol

Smoked all 15 cigars i took. So far I've found nothing more relaxing than a cigar at sunrise and sunset with your feet in the ocean and no one else on the beach. The wind reeked havoc on every one except a UC. I've seen @bpegler deal with it , so it wasn't a surprise. But still no worries. Beat the hell outta smoking on my deck thinking about the grass needing cut while listening to the neighbor tuning his Harley.. lol

Guess they're right went they say a trip to the ocean can reset your soul.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,993 Posts

We rented a condo in North Myrtle 20 feet from the beach. Freakin beautiful. First time in the sand, first time in the ocean. Figured it was time since my grandson said " pap, you gotta see the ocean before you die." Lol.. He's gone to Florida and Myrtle every year since he was a baby.

First, I've never used sunscreen in my life and apparently don't know how to apply it. My legs got cooked(literally). But not my feet cause I had those water shoes on.. lol

Smoked all 15 cigars i took. So far I've found nothing more relaxing than a cigar at sunrise and sunset with your feet in the ocean and no one else on the beach. The wind reeked havoc on every one except a UC. I've seen @bpegler deal with it , so it wasn't a surprise. But still no worries. Beat the hell outta smoking on my deck thinking about the grass needing cut while listening to the neighbor tuning his Harley.. lol

Glad you enjoyed it.. It really cleans your soul.. now...next time rent a board and do some surfing...even better

·
Registered
2,701 Posts

‘Bout damn time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
@zcziggy He cant swim because he won’t take his shoes off.
@Rondo I almost started to send him spiraling out of control the other evening when I got home and took some photos of a mail Call because my feet were killing me because of all the walking I had done but I averted the apocalypse and kept my socks on....lol

·
Super Moderator
16,899 Posts
@Rondo I almost started to send him spiraling out of control the other evening when I got home and took some photos of a mail Call because my feet are killing me because of all the walking I had done but I averted the apocalypse and kept my sticks on....lol

And it's GREATLY appreciated..

Reactions: mrolland5500

·
Super Moderator
16,899 Posts
You are a lost cause man....
@zcziggy He cant swim because he won’t take his shoes off.
It's not like we had pools where I grew up. We had a two foot deep pond that the cows used in the summer. It was work on the neighbor's farm or mom driving us 30 minutes to a pool. Take a guess which way that went.

Plus I have the lung capacity of a used up coal mine canary.

Back in the day, Rhon swam competitively and she tried to teach me. But I'm old enough to know to panic when I can't touch the ground, so that didn't go well.. lol
We're going to try again this summer, if I can cowboy up.. that's a big if.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
It's not like we had pools where I grew up. We had a two foot deep pond that the cows used in the summer. It was work on the neighbor's farm or mom driving us 30 minutes to a pool. Take a guess which way that went.

Back in the day, Rhon swam competitively and she tried to teach me. But I'm old enough to know to panic when I can't touch the ground, so that didn't go well.. lol

#HellYeah

·
Registered
2,701 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,337 Posts

Just spitballin', but maybe get a ski vest and begin by just floating. That'll start getting you comfortable in the water. Then learn a few strokes with it on before progressing to full-fledged swimming.

·
Super Moderator
16,899 Posts
Just spitballin', but maybe get a ski vest and begin by just floating. That'll start getting you comfortable in the water. Then learn a few strokes with it on before progressing to full-fledged swimming.
Rhon has a plan to teach me and I trust her completely. I just gotta pick up the cinder block, a chain, and some duct tape. Not sure for what but she said it'll help teach me to hold my breath. She said she can get a boat so at least that's one thing I don't have to worry about 🙄. She said she's been planning it for a while, so I know she's put some thought into it. I'm sure it'll work and I'll be swimming in no time..😁

21921 - 21940 of 21957 Posts