Cigar Forums banner

21801 - 21820 of 21841 Posts

·
Bloke with a Smoke
605 Posts
Need advice. First time flying with cigars. What can I take in carry on and what can I take packed in other luggage? Thinking about lighters, cotters and draw tools

·
Minister of Propaganda
1,136 Posts
Need advice. First time flying with cigars. What can I take in carry on and what can I take packed in other luggage? Thinking about lighters, cotters and draw tools
I fly with cigars frequently. I have a pistol case that I turned into a travel humidor for the cigars. That goes into my checked luggage along with the cutters, draw tool, pocket knife, and anything that looks half as dangerous as nail clippers. I put my lighters in my carry on bag.

I have read quite a few stories about butane lighters getting confiscated at TSA, so I don’t ever take one I can’t throw away. In the end it doesn’t matter what regulation or policy you find on the internet detailing the correct way to travel with a butane lighter; if the TSA agent wants your lighter, you’re losing it. Through probably 50+ flights though, TSA has never taken a second look at mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Bloke with a Smoke
605 Posts
Thanks for the real world experience. Question regarding lighters. TSA says empty of fuel. Do you take butane with you in the checked luggage?

·
Minister of Propaganda
1,136 Posts
Thanks for the real world experience. Question regarding lighters. TSA says empty of fuel. Do you take butane with you in the checked luggage?
I’ve never bothered to defuel it. I’m not sure the guidelines for checking butane, but as a general rule, most things that have the potential to catch on fire should be in the cabin with you and not inaccessible in the baggage hold.

I’m readily admitting I am not an expert on the ever-changing TSA guidelines and airline-specific rules. When in doubt, always defer to what the TSA and your airline tell you. In my experience, though, three calls to ask a question like this can result in three different answers.

What I can tell you for sure is that I haven’t run into an issue yet, but I’m also prepared to lose my $12 Amazon lighter when I do eventually run into a TSA agent who has a different understanding of the rules. I’m a little surprised I haven’t lost it yet, but two trips through airport security today had the same results as always: totally ignored.

·
Super Moderator
8,286 Posts
Lighters in carry-on do not have to be empty That's for those in checked luggage using a TSA approved lighter case. But a can of butane in your luggage is a huge no-no either way. And carry-on lighters cannot be jet-flame torch type. BIC's are best if you don't want TSA trouble.

·
The Great Green One
2,798 Posts
For those of you that take lightly being hit on the head by a falling frozen iguana.... View attachment 305555
I would be more worried about him waking up from his frozen slumber and whipping you with that tail. My father owned an Iguana that was a little larger than that one back in the day and their tail freaking hurts when they catch you with it. He still has scars on his arms from the claws too. Female iguanas in heat get REALLY angry when picked up :LOL:

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
Active shooter in the neighborhood behind us. He has killed two people so we were told an is on foot. We are Locked in place. I’m prepared to put him to rest.... if need be, let’s hope the police get him before a citizen has to take him down.

Yes police just confirmed he has taken two peoples lives...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Too many crazies lately. Cigar smoking should be mandatory for all humans Cigar a day keeps the crazies away

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Too many crazies lately. Cigar smoking should be mandatory for all humans Cigar a day keeps the crazies away

...and prozac...don't forget prozac

·
Minister of Propaganda
1,136 Posts
I always take cigars when I go out rioting

We don’t have a lot of riots in Enterprise.

Mostly... Other than that one time when the revenuers tried to break up Jim’s medicinal peach brandy still.

21801 - 21820 of 21841 Posts