Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22116 Posts

·
Dark Lord
5,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep finding myself getting into conversations in specific threads that can lead to thread-jacking off topic type conversations. Did a quick search for a daily banter thread but didn't find anything. Honestly didn't search very hard just through the first page, but anyhow figured this thread could be used for ongoing banter for those of us that stay plugged in most the day. (got to have something to do to make it look like I am typing at work)

Cheers!

·
Dark Lord
5,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@JtAv8tor it's my day off waiting on ups.. I'm here all day.

Sent from my LGL82VL using Tapatalk
ha if your UPS schedule is like mine they don't hit my housing area till about 5pm. I hate waiting on UPS but on a positive note USPS delivers to my area by noon, makes for a great excuse to a half day when expecting a delivery.

·
Super Moderator
17,220 Posts
I've got cigars,a pipe, new fly fishing vest and some accessories(fishing) all in the air right now. Plus a package I sent. I signed up for text notifications. My phone's buzzin like crazy.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

·
Dark Lord
5,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've got cigars,a pipe, new fly fishing vest and some accessories(fishing) all in the air right now. Plus a package I sent. I signed up for text notifications. My phone's buzzin like crazy.

I do like the My UPS feature for notifications, if there system detects a package addressed to my address sends a notification, freaks the wife out that I know she ordered stuff without her telling me...

·
Registered
3,587 Posts

Between this pace and my mail and work stuff i know the feeling. Lol

·
Banned
17,955 Posts
I did have an idea about having a Banter Forum thread and this is kind of what we have available to us without making a whole "new" area. We are prone to 'jacking' threads as it is and to be honest about it...that's kind of unfair to the OP who commits to a subject matter and posts....and then after about half a dozen posts from us it goes sideways.....it's like watching your BIL go over a cliff on your new motorcycle.

Here's what I think....just an idea .....when there is something in an original thread that we'd like to follow up with some jockstrap pulling we can bring it over into this area and beat it to death. This of course is something we need to understand is not an area to be obnoxious and disrespectful or to break and side step rules.....it isn't "fight club" but rather a place to corral our sarcasm and cynical points of view with some comedy relief....kinda like a real party where we can mingle and talk to each other about most things in life. Remember,,,,if you don't like the post don't be a chump and start something ....just move along and talk with the other partygoers.

·
Banned
17,955 Posts
Love that whole bit from Lewis Black.... Lewis Black: It was a really special winter wasn't it?... if you're a f*#king moose!

·
Super Moderator
17,220 Posts
Same goes for soy.. You saw that Lewis black special too i see. Lmao

Lewis black it's freakin great.. He's in my top 5 for sure...

I think I might pitch a tent and set up camp in this thread

·
Dark Lord
5,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I did have an idea about having a Banter Forum thread and this is kind of what we have available to us without making a whole "new" area. We are prone to 'jacking' threads as it is and to be honest about it...that's kind of unfair to the OP who commits to a subject matter and posts....and then after about half a dozen posts from us it goes sideways.....it's like watching your BIL go over a cliff on your new motorcycle.

Here's what I think....just an idea .....when there is something in an original thread that we'd like to follow up with some jockstrap pulling we can bring it over into this area and beat it to death. This of course is something we need to understand is not an area to be obnoxious and disrespectful or to break and side step rules.....it isn't "fight club" but rather a place to corral our sarcasm and cynical points of view with some comedy relief....kinda like a real party where we can mingle and talk to each other about most things in life. Remember,,,,if you don't like the post don't be a chump and start something ....just move along and talk with the other partygoers.
main reason I started this was to have an area for daily chit chat and avoid the thread jacking, totally understand all rules still apply and I will force choke any that don't abide by them...I also think that since it is a banter thread if possible is there a way to shut off post counts for this thread to avoid people using it to up post count numbers ?

1 - 20 of 22116 Posts