Cigar Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
That's awesome. Ever since I switched to Vonage phone service (I didn't keep my number), I rarely get telemarketing calls. The few I get are from my credit card company, and they're usually polite when you say "no". Usually, I just say "no thanks" and hang up on them, though. :)

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
This is a funny idea but I would never use it. Why waste any more of my own time? If I don't just hang up in that tell-tale 1.5 sec pause between picking up the phone and being connected to the marketer, I will just interrupt them to tell them I am not interested in their product or service and would they please remove me from their calling list (as I believe they are legally obliged to do when asked).

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Because I am on the Do Not Call list I only get those survey calls, I tell them I don't have opinions and then hang up.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
That is too funny! We are on the do not call list, so get few calls now, and I usually just tell them I'm not interested. This sounds like something I can do to make myself feel better after a crappy day.

Thanks for posting this.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
spooble said:
That's awesome. Ever since I switched to Vonage phone service (I didn't keep my number), I rarely get telemarketing calls. The few I get are from my credit card company, and they're usually polite when you say "no". Usually, I just say "no thanks" and hang up on them, though. :)
:tpd: I noticed the same thing. Also I put my name on the do not call registry. Funny I don't think I've had a telemarketing call in over 6 months or more. If anyone has not done it it is a good thing to do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts