Cigar Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just thought I'd chime in here and spout off again.
We've got so many new members here as of late, that they may have missed some of the earlier posts regarding the Torano 1916 Cameroon, especially the Robusto.
I had another one of these Monday Night. I only had about 2 weeks age on it. Although it was not as smooth as the last one I had (with about 3 months age on it) it was still smooth, nutty and delicious. Perfect burn, gobs and gobs of smoke....just a truly go-to stick.

I am consistently impressed with their value. I pick these up for around $3, and I swear, I cannot find a better smoke for the money. I'd put them up against smokes that are 2 or 3 times that price. They are that good. Especially with a bit of age on them.

Do yourself a favor, and grab a few. if you like the cameroon wrapper, this is a great example of what it's supposed to be like. :w

I think I'll burn one again tonight!! :w Along with some whiskey! :al

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I had one I was waiting on.. after 7 Months I pulled out a robusto.. It was harsh all the way through. now I realized my humidor was dry. the funny thing is it burned very slow. I attribute the harshness to the cigar being way too dry. :eek:( I am a baaad man.. I know many people who loves these and hope my next experience is better.. My humidor is now being rehumidified.

Is this typical of a dry cigar? I would say the humiduty got down to the 50's

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
aahagel said:
I had one I was waiting on.. after 7 Months I pulled out a robusto.. It was harsh all the way through. now I realized my humidor was dry. the funny thing is it burned very slow. I attribute the harshness to the cigar being way too dry. :eek:( I am a baaad man.. I know many people who loves these and hope my next experience is better.. My humidor is now being rehumidified.

Is this typical of a dry cigar? I would say the humiduty got down to the 50's
That sounds about right.

I've had about 15 of these, and every one has been the epitome of tastiness. No burn/draw problems whatsoever.

As far as aging goes, I really don't think they need much at all.....but the ones that I had given about a 3 month slumber were terrific. If anyone is going to try these for the first time, remember that they are not mild.....I would characterize them as being full flavored. I even like them better than the Padron 2000/3000.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Yeah, these are very tasty smokes. I've never really aged them. I've only gotten them as five packs and tend to blow through them pretty fast. As far as cameroon wrappers go, I think the 1916 has the formula down. They are the bees knees I tell ya!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.