Cigar Forums banner

Another slippery slope

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Mister Moo 
#1 ·
Finally pulled the trigger. I've been a coffee snob for quite some time now. I worked at starbucks about 15 years ago. That is where I honed my tasting skills. I not a big starbucks fan even when I worked there I wasn't. It always seem the best part of the flavor was burnt out of it.

http://www.burmancoffee.com/miva/merchant.mvc? Screen=PROD&Store_Code=BCT&Product_Code=HRS7-2

Always wanted to do this just never knew there were roasters other than commercial ones. :cf

Any reading material or threads around that would help a newb? Is there a big learning curve? I would like to tinker a little more than "set it and forget it." I have not researched enough, frankly a little overwhelmed with work. I can't believe I'm even say this. How are the DECAF's? Because of meds any caffeine past noon keeps me up till 2am.

Thanks in advance,
Dave

#2 ·
Decaf homeroast can be spectacular. Try reading through stickies atop the Coffee Discussion Forum to get your feet wet - maybe frowse some of the links.

Roasting coffee is easier than storing cigars. Kid stuff. Lotsa folks here do a great job at corrupting newcomers - heh heh heh - so they can make mindboggling coffee and maybe save a few bux at the same time. C'mon in. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.