Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Definitely not a puff fan
Joined
·
1,804 Posts
I wonder if this will be the first of many such instances. If everything in that movie were true, I'd lead the next American Revolution my damn self. I think Moore believes that we are all stupid enough to accept anything that appears on a screen. Unfortunately, that may be more true of Americans in general than we like to admit.


Did you catch his interview w/ Bill O'Reilly?? What a nutjob!
 

·
DymOnamic
Joined
·
966 Posts
If he wants to "edit" The Pantagraph, he should apply for a copy-editing job and not simply show made-over and "falsely represented" pages from the newspaper in his movie -- or he should at least ask for permission first.

In the movie, The Pantagraph page, as shown, was not how a real page from the newspaper would have looked. Moore's version had a different typeface and a different headline size from what The Pantagraph uses. The newspaper's name, however, appears in the correct font.

The above from The Pantagraph editor.

LMAO! Too funny! I enjoy Michael Moore to a degree, but this is just the sort of stuff that he will blame on a film editor or some other grip in what he purports to be factual. He has said he triple checked all his facts....hmmmmm, with who?
 

·
What would Skeeter do?
Joined
·
4,202 Posts
I pay about as much attention to Michael Moore as I do people like Al Franken, Whoopi, Barbara Streisand, etc.

I feel that we just feed this monkey by paying any attention to him at all. BTW, I've never seen any of his movies either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,431 Posts
Moore is such a nut job and puts forth so many lies that he is laughing all the way to the bank.... :confused:

I don't know who goes to see Moore's stuff and reads his books, but somebody does. He is making a killing off telling a lot of people what they want to hear whether it is true or not. :mad:
 

·
Test Subject
Joined
·
2,651 Posts
Wetterhorn said:
Moore is such a nut job and puts forth so many lies that he is laughing all the way to the bank.... :confused:

I don't know who goes to see Moore's stuff and reads his books, but somebody does. He is making a killing off telling a lot of people what they want to hear whether it is true or not. :mad:
This guy saw the movie and was impressed by it,, Jerry in Minnesota.
 

·
What would Skeeter do?
Joined
·
4,202 Posts
c2000 said:
This guy saw the movie and was impressed by it,, Jerry in Minnesota.
Hey! That's my cousin Jerry! He was always the good looking one of the family.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,058 Posts
relaxnsmoke said:
LMAO! Too funny! I enjoy Michael Moore to a degree, but this is just the sort of stuff that he will blame on a film editor or some other grip in what he purports to be factual. He has said he triple checked all his facts....hmmmmm, with who?
Santa Clause maybe? :r
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
290 Posts
LeafHog said:
I think Moore believes that we are all stupid enough to accept anything that appears on a screen. Unfortunately, that may be more true of Americans in general than we like to admit.
And yet, we are expected to believe everything Bush fans put on a (computer) screen.

I may or may not agree with Moore, but I respect his RIGHT to express his opinion, whether he puts it on a movie screen or a computer screen.

If it gets people talking about what Bush did right or wrong, that's part of democracy.

How many other people are brave enough to spend their time and money to put their views out there to the public?
(Yes, I know that not all of the money spent on making the movie was his, but he probably spent more than all of us make put together.)

We should think twice about our effort and opinion before we critique someone elses.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
290 Posts
BTW, Moore's ability to make a dollar on presenting his views is a little something we like to call capitalism. It's what keeps Hannity, Rush, O'Reilly and everyone else on their soapboxes.
 

·
Test Subject
Joined
·
2,651 Posts
Re: yeah, yeah yeah

SeanGAR said:
I may be a newbie, but I don't think it makes sense to turn a site developed for BOTL into a political rag.

:mad:
I believe that the forum for this thread was "Everything but Cigars" so before you start scolding anybody get up to speed on all the facets of this forum....

Jerry in Minnesota.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
291 Posts
Re: yeah, yeah yeah

SeanGAR said:
I may be a newbie, but I don't think it makes sense to turn a site developed for BOTL into a political rag.

:mad:
I for one enjoy everyone's views and opinoins on not only cigars but cars, music, and yes politics(Well, everyone's except for Jerry's;)) I think the politically themed threads are a great additon to the site, we are all grownmen and should be able to express our opinoins like adults. If you don't want to be part of the discussion, don't post and don't look...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,431 Posts
Re: yeah, yeah yeah

Treyjo43 said:
I for one enjoy everyone's views and opinoins on not only cigars but cars, music, and yes politics(Well, everyone's except for Jerry's;)) I think the politically themed threads are a great additon to the site, we are all grownmen and should be able to express our opinoins like adults. If you don't want to be part of the discussion, don't post and don't look...
Well said!

I enjoy everyone's views and get a lot from them.

:u
 
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top