Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

· Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just smoked my first Anejo, a No. 50. It was good. REALLY good.

WTF is with the actual prices being SOOOO much higher than the MSRP? I bought 3 of them in St. Louis for $9.40 each, which is still higher than MSRP but still within reason and incredibly lower than I see them anywhere else.

Isn't this blatant price gouging and/or price fixing? $23-$35 a stick?

Oh well. Looks like I won't be getting any more until I go to St. Louis again. And odds are they won't even have any.

· Registered
1,806 Posts
Supply and demand, friend. If people will pay $23-25 a stick for Anejos, then places will sell them for that. If people would pay $53-55 for Anejos, they'd sell them for that.

· Registered
285 Posts
It's because some people are willing to pay that. I just wish I could sell my Anejos on cbid.:cb

It sucks but, imho, a shop should be able to sell their cigars for whatever they want. Whether it be higher or lower than MSRP.

· Registered
580 Posts
When they are in stock, you can order limited amounts of Anejos (and other rare Fuentes) at MSRP from Tampa Sweethearts, you just have to buy a bundle or box of something else. To do this, you have to call them and ask what they have, and place the order over the phone; they aren't listed on the webpage.

· Registered
477 Posts
you don't need to buy anything specific. you do have to spend $25 on something else from their normal inventory (cigars, shirts, humi gel.)

When they are in stock, you can limited amounts of Anejos (and other rare Fuentes) at MSRP from Tampa Sweethearts, you just have to buy a bundle or box of something else. To do this, you have to call them and ask what they have, and place the order over the phone; they aren't listed on the webpage.

· Sigh...
995 Posts
I found them at my local place, he had 5 left #50's for $11.50 a piece. I bought the last 4 after smoking the 5th :r

· Awol
277 Posts
It's because some people are willing to pay that. I just wish I could sell my Anejos on cbid.:cb

It sucks but, imho, a shop should be able to sell their cigars for whatever they want. Whether it be higher or lower than MSRP.
NM...........

Anejos are delicious by the way!

· Horny for Zorny
1,580 Posts
Don't forget the tobacco tax in certain states is much higher than in others. For you it might cost $10 aound the corner, but another state... or God help you, Canada... that same thing could cost you $20 or more.

It's hard to make a base line price when taxes are so different. Just another little factor to go along with the gouging:ss

· Registered
513 Posts
Isn't this blatant price gouging and/or price fixing? $23-$35 a stick?
It also depends on the store you bought it at. In some case the B&M are not authorized retailers, so they buy this Anejos on the gray market, and mark it up accordingly (usually starting at 200-300% on up). I've seen a simple Between the Lines (I think I paid $12 for it) go for $90. :hn

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.