Cigar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased some Anejo 55's from an online auction. They actually look different than my buddy Jimmys. Mine are cedar wrapped and a little thinner at the top. Where as his are not wrapped in cedar a little thicker. Does anyone know if 55's have changed over the years or did I get burned? The chimps' help is always appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
200 Posts
The originally release Anejos did not have the cedar wrap or embossed cello.

Yours appear to be from the more recent release - still a good smoke, just not the depth of flavor the first had from the additional wrapper aging in Courvoisier barrels.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Yes, i have a few left in my humidor of the "originals" and they are much darker and no cedar.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys I appreciate it. I am smoking one now as a tester and it seems pretty good!!:D

·
Registered
756 Posts
I am smoking one now as a tester and it seems pretty good!!
traslantion of what jfizzle said:

i have a 10 pack of anejos. i am smoking my first one now, and they will be gone by friday.

:D :D
jimmy

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:r , still sittin on the Siglo!!!

·
Registered
921 Posts
Jimmy,
I don't know why JFizz just won't admit he smoked that Siglo the night he got it. I don't expect the Anejo's to last very long either. He (and unfortunately me as well) are like the hunter/gathers from 10,000 years ago.... hand to mouth.
Oh yeah, are you coming down this Friday.
Bruce5

1 - 7 of 7 Posts