Cigar Forums banner

An intersting link

561 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  MM2(SW)S 
#1 ·
I was looking for a cigar rating online and came across the rating on a site that I haven't read since I first got back into cigars. I used this site many times before I started coming here because it contains a wealth of information. It is no longer updated but it is still up. Be sure to check out the cigar counsel page. It has articles such as: The Ultimate Cigar Storage Manifesto; Year 2000 Cuban Cigar Prices In Cuba; The Havana Shopping List; Cigar Aging; and The Ultimate Counterfiet Cuban Cigar Primer among others. Try this link: http://www.cigarnexus.com/counsel/index.html. You might also check out the Internet Cigar Links banner that PDS has put up on the TOP25 home page. :w

#3 ·
I'd love to know half as much about cigars as Steve Saka. Wish he had time to keep the site updated. Actually received my first Opus X from Steve many moons ago.

#6 ·
MM2(SW)S said:
I am ready for story time, so are you going to tell us how you came about getting your first Opus X?
Ok children gather around. :D Long long ago in a world without broadband, there was a little newsgroup called alt.smokers.cigars. I'm sure some of you started out there as well. Steve posted a lot there and sent most newbies a pack of cigars out of the generosity of his humidors. Then one day, an offer came along to buy a ASC T-shirt and a few lucky winners would receive a gift pack from Mr. Saka. Well, to make a long story not long: I bought a T-shirt and received my very first Opus X from Steve Saka. I can no longer fit into the T-shirt, but I still have the custom ASC travel tube the cigar came in. The Opus in question was a Reserve de Chateau. Ah, the old days.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.