Cigar Forums banner

An intersting link

568 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  MM2(SW)S 
I'd love to know half as much about cigars as Steve Saka. Wish he had time to keep the site updated. Actually received my first Opus X from Steve many moons ago.

MM2(SW)S said:
I am ready for story time, so are you going to tell us how you came about getting your first Opus X?
Ok children gather around. :D Long long ago in a world without broadband, there was a little newsgroup called alt.smokers.cigars. I'm sure some of you started out there as well. Steve posted a lot there and sent most newbies a pack of cigars out of the generosity of his humidors. Then one day, an offer came along to buy a ASC T-shirt and a few lucky winners would receive a gift pack from Mr. Saka. Well, to make a long story not long: I bought a T-shirt and received my very first Opus X from Steve Saka. I can no longer fit into the T-shirt, but I still have the custom ASC travel tube the cigar came in. The Opus in question was a Reserve de Chateau. Ah, the old days.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.