Cigar Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOW! Just watched the first episode of American Horror Story on FX tonight and about all I can say is WOW! If your are in to freaky, suspenseful, violent, heavily drenched sexual dramas then this is the show for you.
Shows cast are: Dylan McDermott plays Ben
Connie Britton as Vivien (Bens wife)
Taissa Farmiga as Violet (Daughter)
Jessica Lange as Constance (Creepy mysterious neighbor)
Denis O'Hare as Larry Harvey (Role was briefly touched on in first episode - previous tenant of the house)
Evan Peters as Tate (Patient of Ben, falls for daughter and is batshit crazy)
Frances Conroy as Moira (Maid to family and another mysterious creepy character)
Alexandra Breckenridge (Sexy maid that Ben sees when looking at Moira, also creepy and mysterious)
The show follows the Harmons as they move to LA trying to leave a past haunted with Bens infidelities and Vivien's near family wrecking miscarriage. They pick one of the oldest houses in a quite LA suburb that was originally owned by the Dr to the stars of Hollywood. The first episode didnt really touch on what exactly the Dr did in the house but it seems that everyone that has lived in it since has met with a terrible ending. The latest of such tenants were two gay males that abruptly ended their stay with a murder/suicide. And the one person that tries to warn the Harmon's and everyone else of the dangers that lie in the walls of this house is Jessica Lange's down syndrome daughter, I'm guessing her handicap is why noone seems to take her serious and heed her warnings.
I'm not sure what role Tate will play in this whole thing but he is now a patient of Ben's and is extremely tortured with violent thoughts and impulses. And of course he takes a liking to Bens daughter, which she has issues herself. But this seems to the the norm for all of the characters so far. Lange and the maid, Moira, apparently have personal attachments to the house and the evil that lies in it. They threw out just enough info to let you know there are more to these characters then being the typical nosey neighbor types.
From the opening credits to the ending scene it was full of twists and turns that only left me wanting more. But this is the type of show that will not be for everyone, especially if you are squemish, easily offended by language, violence or sex.
All in all I give it two big thumbs up! Then again I'm alittle sick and twisted myself:evil:! I would recommend everyone give it a chance if youre not doing anything on Wed nights at 10pm est, on FX.

·
hmmppffftttt.
3,795 Posts
damn you DVR i said record !!!!!! i hope this is on demand or replays soon before i hear details. grrrr didnt read your post just got the idea its good and that makes the dvr fail worse.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Bringing this thread back from the dead...

Wife and I watched this entire season, and I found myself losing interest just a bit towards the end of the season. From what I've heard, the second season (and any additional seasons if it stays on) will each follow a different family in the same house. Have to wait and see!

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
My wifes been watching it. Definitely has a female 20 something target audience but I thought the one episode I saw was pretty good. Solid actors (you forgot to mention Kathy Bates, shes pretty creepy), decent "cinematography" and some pretty heavy subject matter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.