Cigar Forums banner

Amazon Fire Stick TV

893 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  UPTOWNSMOKE 
#1 ·
I'm looking to cut my cable and get this device and sideload it with KODI. I have no experience with this sort of thing but I have looked at a few videos on Youtube and decided I'll give it a shot. I'm tired of paying so much money for basic cable. I'm still not sure how this works even after reading and doing some research. Are there any brothers out there that have any experience with this that they can share to help another brother?

#2 ·
I have a firestick (just a regular one) and it's great. There are lots of apps available for it that give you many different types of programming. There are apps for the major networks that allow you to watch live TV also. Of course it's not like having cable, but if you have a netflix account and an Amazon Prime account you will have plenty to watch. I will tell you however, there is lots of live tv unavailable to you. Of course, that's why you are interested in Kodi.

This is what I can tell you about Kodi. It's illegal and the authorities have caught on to it. That's a risk I'm not willing to take personally so that's up to you. Also, you have to "jailbreak" the firestick to put Kodi on it which violates Amazons T&C which can lead to trouble with them. So, play at your own risk man.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.