Cigar Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sitting at work and the family is picking me up in a couple hours to go on our first camping trip since I returned from deployment. I just realized I did not pack any cigars, but I did pack 3 pipes with accessories.:pipe:

Shhhhhhh......

Please don't tell the cigar guys. :)

· Conservative Stud
1,622 Posts
Welcome to the club my friend. Lots of us on the pipe side smoke stogies as well. In fact I just got back from camping last week where all I took was cigars. It is just a little harder to tend to a pipe while doing any serious fishing.

· Removed per request
1,389 Posts
I also go back and forth. I'd say right now I'm 80-20 for pipes to cigars. However, if I am shooting pool or darts in my basement, it's much easier with the cigar.

I am hoping to try out the pipe/camping thing this summer.

· Registered
1,002 Posts
Aye laddie, you now be a piper ......

Congrats!

· Registered
164 Posts
I'm 100% piper. I've smoked one cigar (a few weeks back) in probably the last 7 -8 years. And no ciggies either...they's nasty! :lol:
I'm the same as DF. I still need to correct myself when people ask if I smoke. I've been saying "No" for 30 years :biggrin:

· Registered
120 Posts
Congratulations on your new status!

I love smoking my pipes while camping. Sitting outside listening to the water lap up on the shore, hawks calling in the background. Grab a drink, light up a bowl, and just feel your worries melt away....

· Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It was a great weekend, enjoying a few bowls by the fire. I have actually been a piper for about a year now while I was deployed. This was our first camping trip since I came home and I use to always pack a few good cigars form the himidor, but not this time. ;)

No intention of givining up cigars, just not as frequently as I use to. The pipe has now replaced them for my daily commute to or from work where I do most of my puffing since I do not smoke around my kids.

· Registered
1,240 Posts
It was a great weekend, enjoying a few bowls by the fire. I have actually been a piper for about a year now while I was deployed. This was our first camping trip since I came home and I use to always pack a few good cigars form the himidor, but not this time. ;)

No intention of givining up cigars, just not as frequently as I use to. The pipe has now replaced them for my daily commute to or from work where I do most of my puffing since I do not smoke around my kids.
Sounds like you had a great time....for me the pipe suits the outdoors and camp fire a bit more than the cigar. If you have a good clencher', a pipe can be more hands free for the commute, actually it can be less high maintenance than a cigar when you get the hang of it.

· Maine's Resident Masshole
937 Posts
I am sitting at work and the family is picking me up in a couple hours to go on our first camping trip since I returned from deployment. I just realized I did not pack any cigars, but I did pack 3 pipes with accessories.:pipe:

Shhhhhhh......

Please don't tell the cigar guys. :)
You're not a real piper until you've run out of tobacco and tried to smoke the ashes of that last bowl of escudo you had 3 days ago. ;)

Just kidding. lol!

· Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sounds like you had a great time....for me the pipe suits the outdoors and camp fire a bit more than the cigar. If you have a good clencher', a pipe can be more hands free for the commute, actually it can be less high maintenance than a cigar when you get the hang of it.
Yes, the pipe has more or less replace cigars on my daily commute to and from work.

One thing I have noticed is some appreciate the second hand aroma of a good cigar, but not all. I have yet to have anyone complain about the aroma of any pipe. ;)

· Registered
853 Posts
The minute you put a pipe in your mouth, you're a piper.

I've smoked cigars casually for several years and never found any that taste anywhere near as good as some of englsh pipe tobaccos.
I second that emotion. I've smoked cigars for as long as I've smoked a pipe. When I began to appreciate the English/Balkan/Oriental blends there has been nothing, or very little, to compare with that in the cigar world.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.