Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all, I travel for a living so space is always a consideration for me. Cant travel with a huge humidor so I cant buy them by the box. Typically spend a couple of hundred a month on singles. Try to keep a variety of quality cigars, lean towards maduro's and other full bodied cigars. I know what I always try to keep on hand. My question for yall is what cigar is almost always on hand in your humidor. I'll tell you mine when you tell me yours.Price is really no object, but unless you've more money than Midas, Opus X, Partagas 150's, Graycliffs and others in that range will not be your always got to have cigars.So what do the rest of you apes never try to run out of? Frank B

·
Registered
734 Posts
I like to have these 4 on hand at all times. These pretty much cover my taste.
Carlos Torano 1916 Churchill​
Partagas Spanish Rosada Familia​
CAO Brazilia Impanema​
Arturo Fuente Hemingway Best Seller​

All are a little different and fill a certain craving at any particular time.

·
Definitely not a puff fan
1,804 Posts
Hey Frank, how's the knee?

My go-to, gotta have cigars are -

Joya de Nicaragua Antano 1970 Gran Consul

CAO Brazilia Piranha

Carlos Torano 1916 Churchill

Camacho SLR Rothschild or Toro

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LeafHog said:
Hey Frank, how's the knee?

My go-to, gotta have cigars are -

Joya de Nicaragua Antano 1970 Gran Consul

CAO Brazilia Piranha

Carlos Torano 1916 Churchill

Camacho SLR Rothschild or Toro
Hey LeafHog, Had an MRI last week. No tear in miniscus. Cortisone in the joint at earliest opportunity; this per orthopod. Not looking forward to that! My understanding is that the procedure isnt too bad, but until the joint absorbs the fluid you are pretty uncomfortable. Thanks for remembering. Frank B

·
Definitely not a puff fan
1,804 Posts
I've had fluid drained from my knees several times, never had cortisone put in though. Sounds like a real good time! Just take 'er easy, put your feet up, and smoke some really good cigars!

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
FrankB said:
Hey LeafHog, Had an MRI last week. No tear in miniscus. Cortisone in the joint at earliest opportunity; this per orthopod. Not looking forward to that! My understanding is that the procedure isnt too bad, but until the joint absorbs the fluid you are pretty uncomfortable. Thanks for remembering. Frank B
Good Luck with the injection FrnakB. Been follwoing your story. Wishes for a rapid recovery.
RE: your question about what I like to travel with. My all time favorite is the Cohiba Lancero -- puts me in the best of moods; and I always try to have with me during travels.

·
Semi-Yung Puffa
83 Posts
I always keep Padron 3000 Maduro. That is my house cigar. I also try to keep Camacho Corojo for when I need a bigger kick. I also like to have milder, cheaper smokes on hand for when friends that know nothing about cigars want to sit with me. That is usually the Fuente 858. I don't want to give a Monte 2 or Padron Anni to a beginner.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I would have to say that an Onyx cigar is always to be found in my humidor!

:)

·
X Canadian
1,306 Posts
I get nervous when I smoke the last of any of the following:

Padron 1964 Anniversary Exclusivo Maduro

Fuente Hemingway Short Story

La Gloria Wavell Natural

Bauza Robusto

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I started this thread so I guess I will add mine, CAO piranha, CAO Gold torpedos, Oliva O's, Partagas Spanish Rosado, and last but not least, I always have the Flor De Oliva maduro torps. I can always afford 'em, it doesnt break my heart if they have a few problems, I can walk off and leave one if I have to, and besides they are tasty smokes. Frank B

·
Registered
23 Posts
Great thread!! I will always have these onhand:

ERDM Robusto
CAO Piranha
El Original Toro Maduro
AF Cuban Corona
AF Cuban Beli Sungrown

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
Wetterhorn said:
I would have to say that an Onyx cigar is always to be found in my humidor!

:)
I'm with Wetterhorn, always have Onyx reserve robustos around.

Also something from Villazon.

Camacho Corojo too.

Felipe Gregorio robusto. This one is such an on/off cigar....when they are off I hate em, but when they are on they will beat a lot of Havana's.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Padron x000's. Right now my humidor is half 3000 maduro and half a mix of other stuff. (only a 50 ct...time to buy a cooler or convert the open space in my frozen snake food mini fridge to cigar storage, cause the humi is finally full!)

Of the mixed portion, probably 10 of the 25 are other Padrons...2000s, the long skinny Fumas, 64 anni, etc. It seems in my newbie-hasn't-yet-tasted-havana state, I've pretty well determined what I like.....but I assume it's only a matter of time.

Along with the Padrons, there's usually at least one or two CAO Mx2 and Brazilia, RyJ Reserva Real, and Flor de Olivas hiding in there.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.