Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys have another source for these beads? I have had two orders at www.climmax.com for a while without action. The first was for the premier product which he is out of stock on. Which is ok except that the only way I found out was when I called to find out where the order was. He informed me that he didn't have any and was sorry he didn't email me. That's ok also. So I ordered a couple of the bags of beads. No word yet. My card hasn't been charged. He must be too busy to deal with these orders.

Do you have a place you can recommend to purchase climmax beads?

Thanks

·
Registered
67 Posts
Not at Home Depot.....I had a post a few months ago detailing my "incident" at HD......never again!!

·
Registered
21,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Of course, as soon as you say something, in comes the order. I got it yesterday which would have been fine with a little communication.

Thanks for the responses.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Just a heads up, I spoke with Vern at Climmax today and he says I should get my backordered 65% beads next week. These have been hard to get, and I notice BH doesn't have climmax anymore. Even when they did carry them, it seemed they were always out of the 65%. Might be the time to grab some if ya need it. www.climMax.com

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
GOAT LOCKER said:
Just a heads up, I spoke with Vern at Climmax today and he says I should get my backordered 65% beads next week. These have been hard to get, and I notice BH doesn't have climmax anymore. Even when they did carry them, it seemed they were always out of the 65%. Might be the time to grab some if ya need it. www.climax.com
Just so nobody else goes to a site that advertises "swallowing lessons" :confused: the link is www.climmax.com

You have to make sure there are two m's in that name.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
And can anybody tell me how they set up their beads? I've seen some pictures of the beads in pantyhose which seems like it would be convenient, because they could be shaped to fit around cigars not because I have a lot of pantyhose lying around. But I would think that they would leak that way so do they have to be in a watertight container? Would they take up less space than the florist foam and PG setup?

Sorry for all of the questions I just have never actually seen the beads or know anyone who uses them.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
D.generate said:
You have to make sure there are two m's in that name.
DOH!!! :r Fixed

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hey all try this source...Viper at other BBs sells these 65 beads...I ordered from him came fast just like he said...the beads were charged...I took Vern's beads out and put in Viper's...my stuff stablized in 24 hrs.....These are the best.....Bman
www.heartfeltindustries.com

·
Duke of prunes
537 Posts
Bman said:
Hey all try this source...Viper at other BBs sells these 65 beads...I ordered from him came fast just like he said...the beads were charged...I took Vern's beads out and put in Viper's...my stuff stablized in 24 hrs.....These are the best.....Bman
I ordered from Heartfelt also. Quick delivery and great product!
David is also a fine BOTL!!! :r

·
Registered
610 Posts
Bman said:
Thanks for the good word guys. Yes I have them in stock at all times. I will mail them out by the next business day.

·
Registered
904 Posts
D. Generate said:
And can anybody tell me how they set up their beads? I've seen some pictures of the beads in pantyhose which seems like it would be convenient, because they could be shaped to fit around cigars not because I have a lot of pantyhose lying around. But I would think that they would leak that way so do they have to be in a watertight container? Would they take up less space than the florist foam and PG setup?

Sorry for all of the questions I just have never actually seen the beads or know anyone who uses them.
I havn't used nylon but it might work. I just took an inexpensive plastic container and put holes in the top put the beads in and added water until they turned clear. My area is fairly dry all winter and therefore I'm usually adding water to my humidifier, if you were in a high humidiy area you may want to put the beads in dry to remove water.

Overall there fairly simple to use and will keep your humidity at around 65%

·
Duke of prunes
537 Posts
D. Generate said:

I use a single wooden cigar coffin, that I fill with the beads encased in a tied off nylon. This set-up looks pretty good and does a great job in my 100 - 200 ct. humis. For my coolerdors I just use a plastic container with the beads also encolsed in a nylon.......just to prevent spillage.
Also the beads shouldn't be saturated enough to the point of there being any leakage.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Climax beads? My girlfriend just recently picked up a string of those. She said they were good times.

·
Registered
610 Posts
D. Generate said:
Thanks for the setup tips guys. I think I'm going to try these beads out because my foam and PG setup seems to require a lot of fussing around with to keep it at 65%
You have put enough water in when about 80% of the beads have gone clear. There should only be a small percentage that are still white. When you switch to beads you will never go back to the green foam.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
GOAT LOCKER said:
Just a heads up, I spoke with Vern at Climmax today and he says I should get my backordered 65% beads next week. These have been hard to get, and I notice BH doesn't have climmax anymore. Even when they did carry them, it seemed they were always out of the 65%. Might be the time to grab some if ya need it. www.climMax.com
I did finally get my beads from Vern at www.climmax.com. I set them up in my footlocker style 400 count humidor last night. It had been running at 70% to 72% with a foam style humidfier. Woke up this morning and the remote hygrometer display says 66%. :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.