Cigar Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wind is already kicking up here in richmond!!
guess we'll see what tomorrow brings.

gws3- holding on to something heavy!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks ryan!!!

just glad i don't live any closer to the coast at this point!

·
Registered
756 Posts
I'm in PA so I expect rain... but i'm routin' for ya!
ryan-
i am just south of you by about half an hour. cleared of the back deck last night and dug some treches away from my sliding glass doors.
they already declared state of emergency in delaware and maryland and closed schools, state bldgs, etc... for tomorrow and friday.
bunch of sissys ;)

p.s. ryan- you a flyers fan by any chance?

jimmy

·
Registered
139 Posts
Talk about the calm before the storm. The weather outside is gorgeous right now in Va. Beach. Nice breeze no skeeters...
Don,t think tomorrow will be that nice. Well, smokem if ya gotem.
:w :w :al :w :w

·
HOT for HILLARY!!
3,591 Posts
Storms coming in to Pittsburgh now. So far nothing but rain. Ive stocked up on beer and cigars so I should weather it just fine. I just hope its decent tomorrow....I have to drive back to Buffalo

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well, we faired pretty well in my neighborhood. i had lots of limbs down and lost half a medium sized tree.
just got our power back yesterday about 2:00pm.
thank god for the generator!! we lost no food and i was still able to feed my tv addiction!!

there are still neighborhoods that no one can get in or out of for the fallen trees.

·
Registered
139 Posts
WOO-HOO....POWER!!!!!! After 8 1/2 days, all I can say is...
Thank-you Florida!
Thank-you Georgia!
Thank-you Alabama!
Thank-you Texas!!!!!
Oh, yeah and last but not least. F$$$$ you VA Dominion Power!
Nothing against the hard-working linemen, it's their stupid-a$$ bosses that pi$$ me off.
Sorry, had to vent. I think it helped. :sb
Ooh....Air-conditioning...beer chilling....I'm OK.
But still F$$$ You VEPCO, VA Power, Dominion Power, Keep changing your name but you're still stupid-a$$es.
:w :w :fu

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
there are some real doofus's there. but every customer service person i talked with was very nice and never got impatient with me, although i know all day they were dealing with impatient customers.

·
Registered
139 Posts
You talked to a person??? LOL
Hats off to the guys in the field. We had power companies from the entire South East in town within 2 days, working around the clock. They did a fantastic job.
The problems started when the "Big Muckey-Mucks" decided to cut the grids before the storm. After the storm, light it back up Doh! Fuses popping, transformers blowing up. and 2.2 mil. people
without power. Customer service down here consisted of a recording of how hard everyone was working. If at least they said "oops" would have made it a little easier.
PS Cigars came through just fine.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well, have to agree with you on that! wasn't too bright.

glad the gars made it!!!:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts