Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
I just recently started home brewing espresso recently and have been enjoying this little machine. Definitely not the greatest, cost around $300.00. It does a pretty good job but it's hard to get a perfect balance between extraction time and brew.
I use a scale and weigh 18g of ground beans and try to get about 27g of brewed espresso within 25 -30 seconds. This machine is automatic but you can program the extraction time. I usually end up with about 30g to 36g of brewed espresso which isn't too bad. I think I will save up to get a better machine. Perhaps a better grinder as well.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, the espresso machine is being returned. I did an inspection before I used it, there were grounds on it, looked like dried milk on the outside, this thing leaked all over my counter, I suspect an internal crack somewhere, a real fire hazard. Going to go look at others, as reviewers made similar comments. I only got one shot from it, and it was pretty good. I think I will look at a different brand this time.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Well, the espresso machine is being returned. I did an inspection before I used it, there were grounds on it, looked like dried milk on the outside, this thing leaked all over my counter, I suspect an internal crack somewhere, a real fire hazard. Going to go look at others, as reviewers made similar comments. I only got one shot from it, and it was pretty good. I think I will look at a different brand this time.
That sucks.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Went through a couple of espresso machines and realized that if I did not want to spend over 700 bucks I better stick with the virtue nespresso. No fuzz.. Put the pod in, press the button and voila...great coffee

·
Premium Member
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Went through a couple of espresso machines and realized that if I did not want to spend over 700 bucks I better stick with the virtue nespresso. No fuzz.. Put the pod in, press the button and voila...great coffee
I'm trying to stay away from more pods. I have a huge collection for my Keurig already. :D

I just ordered a Breville Bambino espresso machine, pick it up tomorrow. I like how it is all stainless steel, any plastic that touches liquid is BPA free. This was about three times more than the De'Longhi, but seems leaps and bounds better construction.

Reactions: Piper

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I'm trying to stay away from more pods. I have a huge collection for my Keurig already. :D

I just ordered a Breville Bambino espresso machine, pick it up tomorrow. I like how it is all stainless steel, any plastic that touches liquid is BPA free. This was about three times more than the De'Longhi, but seems leaps and bounds better construction.
Breville are good machines...I found out I'm too lazy to do the espresso making ceremony :(

·
Premium Member
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got my new Breville Bambino today. Leaps better than the other machine, this thing is built like a tank. I got a great espresso from it. Crema like marshmallow creme on top, has lasted 5+ minutes.

Kitchen appliance Coffeemaker Drip coffee maker Home appliance Gas

Tableware Food Espressino Wiener melange Drinkware

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
Not expresso but, surprisingly a great latte.

Breakfast = 3 raw egg yoke’s blended with hot black drip coffee. Added a tad of salt, stevia, tablespoon of coconut oil, sprinkled cinnamon and 1/4 cup of unsweetened coconut milk. It taste fantastic!!

If you do sugar then add a tablespoon of sugar instead of stevia. You can be creative just don’t try pod coffee, doesn’t work. Be sure to blend the hot coffee with egg yoke’s for 3 minutes in a blender.

I’m sure this could be incorporated with ‘Expresso’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,702 Posts
Not expresso but, surprisingly a great latte.

Breakfast = 3 raw egg yoke’s blended with hot black drip coffee. Added a tad of salt, stevia, tablespoon of coconut oil, sprinkled cinnamon and 1/4 cup of unsweetened coconut milk. It taste fantastic!!

If you do sugar then add a tablespoon of sugar instead of stevia. You can be creative just don’t try pod coffee, doesn’t work. Be sure to blend the hot coffee with egg yoke’s for 3 minutes in a blender.

I’m sure this could be incorporated with ‘Expresso’

Do you stream the hot coffee while the eggs yolks are blending Charlie?
Seems like it would cook the eggs.
Or do you temper them?

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
No just put in the egg yokes and hot coffee, blend for 3 minutes. It becomes very frothy.. Add other desired ingredients after you pour into your mug and stir.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts