Cigar Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for an all-in one package with a lighter, cutter (guillotine or notch preferred), small humidor, and a decent assortment of cigars for around $120.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Also, what's a good online retailer anyone can suggest?

Thanks
Nick

·
Registered
949 Posts
Man Nick YOur not asking for much.... I can honestly say I have never seen the deal you are looking for. Did you see an add or something. If so share whats included and we can let you know if it is a good deal or not.

·
Still Smitty's biotch!
3,335 Posts
Stay away from the Thompson's catalog. Put it down and you will not be harassed by their army of bait and switch telemarketers. Friends don't let friends smoke Thompson's house brand... :r

Personally Nick I would buy each of those items separately.

1) Assemble a coolerdor instead of buying a humidor. (under $50)
2) Pick up an Xikar Xi2 or Xikar MeanSardine ($35 or $10 at Mike's cigars)
3) Go to Mikescigars.com and view the PDF version of the print catalog, I have tried 4 different cigars from their $30 any size selections on the first 8 pages of the catalog; all of them were suprisingly good. My favorite so far of these is La Flor Del Caney in the Bouquet size. ($30)
4) Check out http://www.vectorkgm.com for the lighter. The company now has several top notch $20 lighters. I recently started using their "Stratos" model instead of the Nibo triple torch I used all Summer. ($20 at retail shops)

You should get your requested items for under the $120 cap with the above items and have plenty of storage space for future box purchases.

-Matt-

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
I think Famous Smokeshop may be offering a box of cigars w/a xikar 2 & maybe a xikar lighter. I believe I saw something like that at JR this month too.
Cigars International is a good reputable dealer that may have a pretty nice humidor package that you can trust.

txmatt is right about Thompson's. They will show you a picture of a torpedo & send you a corona (if your lucky enough to even get the brand they are showing you in the picture). I buy from Thompson a little, but I have to strain to find a decent deal. Stay away from their house brands!

Good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, basically I've been cutting my cigars with a pocket knife and storing them in tupperware, and lighting them with whatever is available at the moment, and I'd just like to "move on up" all at once if you know what I mean. I've also been wanting to try some new stuff, hence the sampler question, but if you guys think I'll be better off getting the items individually, I'll go that route.

·
Definitely not a puff fan
1,804 Posts
www.cigarsinternational.com has several combo deals that include a humidor and a selection of different smokes. You can also try cigarbid.com to get the same deals cheaper.

You can always pick up a lighter and a decent cutter separately. I would recommend a palio cutter ($35 from bargainhumidors.com) or a xikar multi-tool. I've never used one, but several other gorilla's like the vector lighters. I use a cheapo Colibri. As long as you use refined butane (not ronson) a cheap lighter will last quite a while.

my fave online shops, besides those above are:

www.smokeall.com

www.cheapercigars.com

www.bonitasmokeshop.com

·
Test Subject
2,651 Posts
Look at JR Cigar website,,they from time to time offer neat humidors for about $49.00 with the purschase of a box of cigars..

Jerry in Minnesota.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was about to place an order with Cigars International when I saw you must be 21 to buy tobacco online. What's the deal with that? I can go into any store and buy tobacco at 18 but I can't do it over the internet. Anyone know how they handle age verification? haha

Nick

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
Man, how much more can I add? :rolleyes:
We've got a great bunch of gorillas here that, IMHO, pretty much covered a lot of options.

I'll add this, based on my experience. Don't dixcount Thompson's altogether, I've bought some really good inexpensive humidorsfrom them in the past . . . just make sure they don't pester you with repeated offers. Also, Humidors that I've bought in the past from JR have generally been of a lesser quality than ones I've bought elsewhere.

But that's just been my expeience, and personally, I use a small humidified closet now.

Good luck & enjoy the CS gang . . . a great bunch of apes they are. :) ;)

·
Still Smitty's biotch!
3,335 Posts
MoTheMan said:
But that's just been my expeience, and personally, I use a small humidified closet now.
Poor Mo has a "small closet" of cigars. Don't let him fool you, the closet isn't a walk in but many people keep their warcquone in closets smaller than his cigar closet.

What is worse is he had too many cigars for the closet to hold a while back. The poor guy had to sell some.

:r :w

-Matt-

·
Registered
921 Posts
txmatt said:
Poor Mo has a "small closet" of cigars. Don't let him fool you, the closet isn't a walk in but many people keep their warcquone in closets smaller than his cigar closet.

What is worse is he had too many cigars for the closet to hold a while back. The poor guy had to sell some.

:r :w

-Matt-
Very well put.

·
Still Smitty's biotch!
3,335 Posts
One thing I recently figured out and posted in another thread is that JRs $2 shipping can make a big difference when trying samplers.

I am still of the opinion that getting a Xikar cutter, a $20 Vector lighter, a Coolerdor, and sampling different cigars is the way to go.

I have been seeing soo many new members asking about samplers here I might suggest we get some established members to start a newbie sampler thread. I think several established members could do this to help you newbies try a bunch of different decent cigars, in return the newbie sends a box of equal value as the sampler to the established member.

This is very successful on another board, I think it could work here as well.

-Matt-

·
Registered
803 Posts
www.cigarsinternational.com has several combo deals that include a humidor and a selection of different smokes. You can also try cigarbid.com to get the same deals cheaper.

Amen!

Cigar bid has the deals.

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
Gargamel said:

Amen!

Cigar bid has the deals.
I like CI. Several months back I visited their store in Bethlehem, PA. They were good to me. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.