Cigar Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow apes, been awhile since I have posted, been busy getting ready to move to Fayetteville, AR from Charlottesville; the hospital has finally decided not to extend me again. Been here almost ten months, which is a pretty good run in my line of work. Any apes in the Fayetteville area? Looking for a good shop, fellow smokers and poker players. Anyway just tripped over an absolutely terrific cigar by Alex Bradley called the Pryme. Was introduced at the RTDA 2004 show. Apparently only 1500 boxes of the 4 sizes will be made. Beautiful cigar, great construction and burn, tremendous volume of smoke with great mouthfeel, beautiful ring art. Bradley is playing it close to the vest with the tobaccos used. The wrapper is natural, ash almost white, somewhat flakey, flavor is nice and spicey, similar in profile to The HdN Antano and Celebrecion, kinda between those two. I recommend these without reservation. Alex Bradley to me has always kind of flown under the radar with it's cigars, but I dont know that I have ever smoked one that I didnt like, from the odd Trilogys to the Occidental Reserves and their HSG's. Really good cigars for not a whole lot of dough, although the Pryme is about 8 bucks a stick at my local vendor. Worth it in my opinion. If you happen to come across one,try it!! Frank B

·
-
11,412 Posts
FrankB said:
Looking for a good shop, fellow smokers and poker players. Anyway just tripped over an absolutely terrific cigar by Alex Bradley called the Pryme. Alex Bradley to me has always kind of flown under the radar with it's cigars, but I dont know that I have ever smoked one that I didnt like, from the odd Trilogys to the Occidental Reserves and their HSG's. Really good cigars for not a whole lot of dough, although the Pryme is about 8 bucks a stick at my local vendor. Worth it in my opinion. If you happen to come across one,try it!! Frank B
frank, i love the Trilogy's (except the camaroons).

as far as Fayetville goes, there IS a shop/cigar bar, but i forgot the name. Coppertop and I went there when we were on business at ft. bragg for about a month this spring...

the selection was crap, the prices were high, and it was one of those very UN-LIT rooms with a bar and some chairs... it wasn't even a cigar store, more like a cigar "lounge" with only a few cigars to choose from. and i mean a FEW...

since i don't remember the name of it, only where it's at (but i can't remember the names of the streets), i guess it doesn't matter. :confused:

anyway, find the Olive Garden. there is a road to the left of the olive garden that winds to the left and then to the right... as it bends to the right, there is a harley davidson shop on the left, and also a driving range.... back between the two, there is a small road and what looks like a very small set of shops, which is actually 3 or 4 different bar types of places (sports bar, cigar bar, something else), and in the middle of those is the cigar bar...

sorry, that's all i can help you with... right now, anyway.

·
-
11,412 Posts
ITZ SPORTS BAR & GRILL
4118 LEGEND AVE, FAYETTEVILLE, NC 28303
Phone: (910) 826-2300

B & C CIGARS
1515 DUNN RD, FAYETTEVILLE, NC 28312
Phone: (910) 323-2855
i've never been to this^^ one... can't help you there.

here is where "ITZ" is... but, like i said, i was NOT impressed.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I will definitly give these a try.....I love Alex Bradley cigars and would have to agree with you about them flying under the radar. Good Luck on the move!

·
Definitely not a puff fan
1,804 Posts
HEY FRANKB!

I am in the Fayetteville area! Fayetteville has recently passed some pain in the ass anti smoking legislation, but we have plenty of places to enjoy the leaf! There are several good tobacconists, and several great places in the area to enjoy a cigar!

pm sent!

·
Registered
9 Posts
you big ape I could have gotten you those a lot cheaper if you would have just calle dbut I guess you forget your friend in the business real quick

bobby
FrankB said:
Hello fellow apes, been awhile since I have posted, been busy getting ready to move to Fayetteville, AR from Charlottesville; the hospital has finally decided not to extend me again. Been here almost ten months, which is a pretty good run in my line of work. Any apes in the Fayetteville area? Looking for a good shop, fellow smokers and poker players. Anyway just tripped over an absolutely terrific cigar by Alex Bradley called the Pryme. Was introduced at the RTDA 2004 show. Apparently only 1500 boxes of the 4 sizes will be made. Beautiful cigar, great construction and burn, tremendous volume of smoke with great mouthfeel, beautiful ring art. Bradley is playing it close to the vest with the tobaccos used. The wrapper is natural, ash almost white, somewhat flakey, flavor is nice and spicey, similar in profile to The HdN Antano and Celebrecion, kinda between those two. I recommend these without reservation. Alex Bradley to me has always kind of flown under the radar with it's cigars, but I dont know that I have ever smoked one that I didnt like, from the odd Trilogys to the Occidental Reserves and their HSG's. Really good cigars for not a whole lot of dough, although the Pryme is about 8 bucks a stick at my local vendor. Worth it in my opinion. If you happen to come across one,try it!! Frank B

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
aint forgot ya, sent you a mail on your contact page of your website and you never answered me. miss you guys. tell micheal ,robin and amy, sheilah and i say hello. will be in touch. frank b

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.