Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the opportunity to buy some 4-year-old boxes of CAO Criollo, Brazilia, and eXtreme. All have been well-preserved and are stilll in original boxes and cello. Does anyone have experience with aging these sticks to know if they age well? Thanks in advance.

·
Shags homely sheep
5,059 Posts
I've gotten an CAO anniversario maduro in a pass and it had aged well. Some of the floral tastes had come to the fore.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I would even though I have no experience with any CAO’s with that much age. The ones I have had recently were very good medium to full bodied cigars. I think with age they would only get better. If you do decide to buy them make sure you open the boxes and inspect them. You would hate to take them home and open them and find mold or beetle dung inside your new box of cigars. It’s just tends to ruin the whole experience for me when that happens. Let us know what you do…….

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input - my hope is to crack those boxes open and find stacks of bloom/plume instead of mold or beetles - they've actually been kept (and still are) in CAO's own corporate humidor, so they have no one to blame but themselves if that happens!!

·
Registered
806 Posts
nmcintire said:
Thanks for the input - my hope is to crack those boxes open and find stacks of bloom/plume instead of mold or beetles - they've actually been kept (and still are) in CAO's own corporate humidor, so they have no one to blame but themselves if that happens!!
If you get then let me know if you want to trade a couple sticks. I have a few aged items hanging around here that might interest you. :cool:
Now go get them....run! :D

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will do - any suggestions as to the line? I am partial to the eXtreme churchills, although I've read great things about the Belis. Also, I'm a big fan of Criollo Pato, but I've only had one or two Brazilias that were quite forgettable.

·
Registered
806 Posts
nmcintire said:
Will do - any suggestions as to the line? I am partial to the eXtreme churchills, although I've read great things about the Belis. Also, I'm a big fan of Criollo Pato, but I've only had one or two Brazilias that were quite forgettable.
I've only recently tried the CAO line so my experence is limited to the Brazilia and the Italia lines. Both of which I liked. So much that I bought a box of the Brazilia Piranha's and have been enjoying them. Had one last night on the way to a job. I do think the Piranha's would age real nicely.So not much help there.... :D

·
Registered
207 Posts
MocoBird said:
I've only recently tried the CAO line so my experence is limited to the Brazilia and the Italia lines. Both of which I liked. So much that I bought a box of the Brazilia Piranha's and have been enjoying them. Had one last night on the way to a job. I do think the Piranha's would age real nicely.So not much help there.... :D
My experience has been that the Brazilla line ages extremely well, they still burn kinda flunky, but the blend improves and smooths out considerably.

bd

·
Registered
978 Posts
nmcintire said:
- they've actually been kept (and still are) in CAO's own corporate humidor
I'd be interested in your story as to how you have access to the corporate humidors of CAO.

Just curious.

_____
rm

·
Registered
806 Posts
Roger Miller" said:
I'd be interested in your story as to how you have access to the corporate humidors of CAO.

Just curious.

_____
rm
Good question. Damn Roger Miller! You always comes up with those hard hitting questions we are all afraid to ask! You go Roger!!! :D

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
"connection" at the Nashville world headquarters.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Beautiful new 20k s.f. facility with 15k s.f. humidor. They've even got a round, see-through display humidor where they're planning to have torceador exhibitions. And yes, I have to buy the sticks.

·
Shags homely sheep
5,059 Posts
We want pictures!

To me the Brazilia line has too much cedar, but around here, they would be worth their weight in gold for trades.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'll see what I can do about the pics. It truly took my breath away - and that was good!!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm working on it - :cool: - their new address:

CAO International, Inc.
6172 Cockrill Bend Circle | Nashville, TN 37209
(615) 352.0587 | (800) BEST.CAO

·
An ass, not a fish
4,476 Posts
MocoBird said:
He did say "buy" didn't he? :confused: :D
Indeed he did. Other famous statements....

"Absolutely, positively, 100% not guilty." by OJ Simpson.

"Don't treat me like a criminal, 'cause I am innocent.". by Machael Jackson.

Kidding, it would be nice to have a connection to pick up some aged criollos. I need to start hanging with better connected people. :r

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.