Cigar Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Isn't it against Fuente policy for auth. Opus X dealers to charge above retail price? I only ask because my newfound local retailer is selling way above what I remembered to be retail prices. for instance: Robustos at $20. :c

·
Registered
239 Posts
yes it is against policy. if they are the primary retailer for opusx then i suggest that you go to cigar family and email fuente-newman and report it to them. i hear they take serious offense to retailers screwing their customers on fuente products.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, they are on the website as authorized dealers, and $20 isn't bad from anyone but retail, which is what this store is supposed to charge. I'd almost rather go into the store and kinda remind them that they can get in big trouble for that, and maybe they will quietly change them...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I hear you, Newgen, a shop in Royal Oak charged me $25 for an Opus x robusto, that's the last time I'm buying there. Especially when I found another shop selling a churchill for $18.99. By the way are you really from Ann Arbor,so am I. What high school did you go to?

·
Semi-Yung Puffa
83 Posts
Last holiday season my local shop was selling opux for double their normal cost. I told to clerk that I normally pay msrp and he said he would sell them to me for msrp. Good for me but not for the xmas shoppers who had no idea about the cost of an opus and bought them as gifts.

·
Still Smitty's biotch!
3,335 Posts
You know in all fairness to dealers..

If a dealer sells these sticks @ MSRP they are gone the second they hit the shelf, then the lucky SOB marks 'em up 30% and sells them on a Yahoo auction (since eBay doesn't allow it).

Tobacco dealers want to be able to show that they have the stick in stock so you will go back to them. Almost all of them set daily/weekly purchase limits, and they still cannot keep them in stock.

Marking the cigars up is a decision shops have to make to try to keep them on the shelves for customers. This also happens with Ashton VSGs, Padron 64, and Padron 26.

I don't buy these cigars when they are above MSRP, however I can understand why shops feel they need to.

-Matt-

·
Registered
949 Posts
The shop I usually buy them at sells them for Retail, I think. The XXX is usually $8.75, and the Belicoso is $12.00. It is really cool. The shop calls me when they come out and I get first dibs.

·
Registered
672 Posts
kamikaiguy said:
The shop I usually buy them at sells them for Retail, I think. The XXX is usually $8.75, and the Belicoso is $12.00. It is really cool. The shop calls me when they come out and I get first dibs.
The shop calls you? Thats what I call a nice shop! A nice shop indeed!

·
HOT for HILLARY!!
3,591 Posts
kamikaiguy said:
Must be talking about Allegheny. Great place huh?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
The following is MSRP. Take into account that some shops have a very large tax to add to that price. The policy of Fuente is MSRP +tax.

5 3/16 x 43

4 7/8 x 40

xXx
4 5/8 x 49

Fuente Fuente
5 5/8 x 46

Petite Lancero
6 1/4 x 39

Robusto
5 1/4 x 50

6 3/8 x 52

Double Corona
7 5/8 x 49

Reserva D'Chateau
7 x 48

Super Beli
5 5/8 X 54

Perfection X
6 1/4 x 48

A
9 1/4 x 47

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.