Cigar Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never did like Hemingway... I liked Bukowski more... and he smoked a cigar or two between the beers... I think they should named it after him instead...

Anyway... :) ... I hadnt smoked for 1 week and a half because Ive got a cold... I still have, I think, but the worst is over and I couldnt wait any longer for a cigar... so I decided to smoke a smaller cigar not to strong... and I just got a 5-pack of Arturo Fuente hemingway Short Story... Hmm... Have to smoke one of those, I said to myself... and so I did... I fired it up... and the first bit was a bit harsh I think... just abit not much... and the harshness stayed almost through the end of the cigar but it got better towards the end... It was the same flavour that I had on the first Short Story I smoked (gifted to me by MoTheMan)... But I think the one MoTheMan sent me was better a purer woody oak-flavour with some spice... instead of what I got from this one woody onion-young-kind of flavour... I take it that the one I got from MoTheMan was a couple of years old hence the flavour-difference... But I liked this one too although the harshness and the young flavour... Im glad that I ordered a box... Yummy!

3.5-3.7 out of 5.0 (this one I smoked tonight!)
3.7-3.9 out of 5.0 (the one I got from MoTheMan.)

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
Re: AF Hemingway Short Story

Glad you liked your Short Story Rey.

Just an aside, one thing I pay attention to in cigars is the wrapper to binder/filler ratio (something I learned from Bruce5). Too much wrapper can sometimes affect the flavor considerably. Now, the Hemingway Short Story is interesting because it has a pointed (foot) end where you light it. That end has mostly wrapper and binder in it, hardly any filler, and that's why I've often found that the Short Story starts out a bit harsh.

In the past, I've sometimes clipped the foot to make it flat prior to lighting it. I've found that very helpful in eliminating the harshness at the beginning of the Short Story.

Just an FYI. :) :w

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.