Cigar Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To the female gorillas (or any expert purse buying male gorillas),

When buying a purse for a lady, what are the considerations for size, shape, and color? I have a brand in mind that I think she will like.

... rjs

·
Registered
831 Posts
hmmm... i'll take a stab at it.
It depends on several things like are you buying an everyday purse or an evening purse? If an everyday, it will probably need to be larger, large enough for wallet, phone, pens, make up, hair brush, etc...If your lady is very fashionably minded I would advise you walk through the mall and take a gander. Some of the purses are quite simple (what I prefer) and some are quite gaudy. I have a cool purse that actually has a cell phone pocket in it! I prefer leather and usually darker or something neutral that can go with many different times of year and types of clothing yet not be too conspicuous. If looking for an evening purse, then I'd say get one that matches to a nice evening dress she has that doesn't already have a match for, or small and black. In otherwords, it kinda depends on what your lady likes. When all else fails.....buy leather and keep the reciept! lol

Hope that helps and good luck!:D

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Brandon said:
I usually wear those little backpack purses myself:D
:r that's so your tricks can pay you easily when they're done

-------------------

rob- i would never buy my wife anything like that because she would hate it with probability one. i think keeping the receipt is the best advice you got.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I wouldn't carry one!!!!!! HAHAHAHA of course I'm not a purse type of guy either. This is one area way out of expertise - my typical response to my wife is "find something you like, wrap it up, and I will suprise you with it on your birthday". I found out that it's better to let them pick. Heaven forbid you pick something too small (im so fat!!) or too large (you think im fat!!). Either way you're screwed! Gift certificates are small and easy to wrap! Good luck!

·
Registered
831 Posts
Alwest, are you single???! lol I'd be kind of upset if my family or bf just handed me a gift certificate. That would mean no time or energy or thought went into getting the gift. Granted you might not score on the CORRECT gift, but if you do keep the receipt, you won't be the one returning it. You outta suprise your wife and get her something cause half the fun is just the suprise of not knowing what you got, at least for me anyways. Guys think so differently....:rolleyes: ;) It's the little things....:D

·
Registered
67 Posts
Actually we have been happily married for 7 years. We both gave up on buying clothes and stuff like that for each other. I wasn't suggesting that gift certificates were the ony thing to buy - just maybe a wise choice in the clothes & purse categories. We both have specific likes and dislikes and its much easier to go the goft certificate route as opposed to shopping and returning/exchanging. the thought is still there - we just eliminated the need to return things.

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
I like your advice Filly. It's the little things that make a big difference, and shopping crreatively for them CAN be as much fun as receiving them.

MoTheMan

1 - 14 of 14 Posts