Cigar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like I mentioned in a different thread: There's a B&M with several 100g tins of 2005 x-mas cheer on hand. I'm going down this weekend to get a couple of tins (one to smoke and one to age). They also have gobs of other tins. I'm wondering if any one has any suggestions as to what may be good to buy. So far I've been smoking 2 aromatic house blends which I've enjoyed. Plus Ncatron sold me some other stuff, Peter Stokkebye Luxury navy and luxury bullseye, as well as some Penzance and he even threw in some Macbaren vintage syrian; all of which I've really enjoyed (thanks for the good deal)

Specific brands/blends that you guys can suggets of perhaps even different categories of tobacco to try.

Also has anyone ever tried Brigham's vanillia and maple? I smelt some the last time I was there and it very nice.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you like the bullseye, try Escudo. It doesn't have the cavendish training wheels.

For something a bit different try Grousemoor. (think sandalwood)

Don't forget to try a rattray's VA. Old gowrie is lighter, Marlin flake is in the middle, and Hal o' the wynd is deep.

Ask if you can have a sample of 1792, but don't buy a tin without trying it first.

·
Banned
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you like the bullseye, try Escudo. It doesn't have the cavendish training wheels.

For something a bit different try Grousemoor. (think sandalwood)

Don't forget to try a rattray's VA. Old gowrie is lighter, Marlin flake is in the middle, and Hal o' the wynd is deep.

Ask if you can have a sample of 1792, but don't buy a tin without trying it first.
Thanks for your input. I was thinking about getting me a tin of 1792, but I was a little hesitant to buy a whole tin. I'll see if they have any samples of it. I've also read many good things about Escudo.

·
Trout Hunter
4,529 Posts
McClellands makes a blend called Oriental #14. It is a good staple for learning the tastes an Oriental leaf can put out. Doenst smoke hot, and very enjoyable. McC also makes an english blend called Arcadia. A very good blend for beginner smokers IMO. No matter what you get, learning about the different flavors is the best part.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.