Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, Town and Country (better known as Taboo Cigars) is well-regarded in these forums... but I had to add my own recent experience with Rob and Patrick.

I have been ordering cigars from Taboo for a couple of years now, and like many others have always found the service exemplary. Good prices, quick shipping, the merchandise is packed up tighter than a Brinks truck, and they'll throw in some tchotkes. But you really can't take the measure of a business (or the people who run that business) until something goes wrong.

I recently had a minor mishap with a shipment--the details aren't really important, but it involved rare, top-shelf sticks. What DOES matter is that Rob and Patrick immediately--as in, moments after I sent an e-mail--sent out a new shipment, no questions asked. They then followed up with me to let me know they had addressed the problem (which wasn't a huge disaster by any means). To quote Rob's note, "Jeremy, please let me know if you aren't absolutely satisifed." I would imagine things are pretty hectic over there, with the launch of the new site... but they made sure the customer came first.

I know this may not sound like much--but how rare is it that you find people who conduct business the RIGHT WAY? No runarounds, no b.s., no "press 2 to speak to a customer representative". I for one appreciate the way these guys conduct business--I think its fair to say that not every vendor is as accomodating or honorable as Taboo.

They'll have my business for a long time.

Jeremy

· Registered
4,104 Posts
After reading a lot of the threads here about the terrible custome service of a few of the vendors lately, this is a refreshing story.

I have never ordered from or smoked a Taboo, but must admit I've been intrigued by them a few times. One day when I am in the mood to try something new, I will def give these guys a call.

GREAT JOB TABOO

· Registered
5,431 Posts
As a cigar retailer they are providing a service.. to get the product to the customer.. its what my employer does.. their business livelyhood depends on it. Im always willing to pay more to buy from people like that knowing that I know I will get my product on time and in good shape and if I dont they will make good of it. Taboo has a great rep of doing that! Good job Taboo!

· Zen Master ZingTwang
1,450 Posts
No question their service is the best, hands down. Not only among cigar retailers, but online businesses in general.
Go Taboo!!!

· Smoked Walleye
1,093 Posts
Taboo is awesome in my books. It's great to know that you can order from them without worry should something go wrong. Because sooner or later, something will.
There are others that do a great job as well. But Taboo is exemplory in every aspect.
Keep up the good work Rob and team!

· Registered
730 Posts
I agree 100%! Top notch outfit to work with!!

· Registered
392 Posts
I only ordered from them once. it was when i fist got into smoking cigars so i didn't have much to compare them to, but now looking back i can say with confidence that their service is nothing short of an A+.

· Registered
34 Posts
I haven't ordered from them in quite awhile, I still get their email discounts which really make their stuff affordable. The Twists, Special Forces and Ecudor Ct are all top notch. I think after the holidays will be a good time to get reacquainted.

· Gurkha Whore
786 Posts
Haven't ordered alot from them, but the time i called about one (can't member who i spoke with) but it was like talkin to a friend, best customer service experience I've ever had with any vendor, cigar or otherwise. Made me feel bad cause I'm sooo broke and can't order in the amounts i want. BIG SHOUT OUT to the Taboo Set. You guys are da Sh*T!!!

· Registered
4,888 Posts
Great story... Thanks for sharing! From what I've seen from them here on Puff, they seem to be a stand up bunch of guys.

I need to put in an order with them eventually, I'm sure I will at sometime or another.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.