Cigar Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I helped out someone at a local smoke shop with his computer, and as a thank-you, he handed me some Cuban cigars.

I took a sniff of the foot, and something didn't seem quite right with the Cohiba he gave me. I took it home and compared it to the other Cohibas I have, and a few things looked off to me.

It wasn't until I scanned the bands in at hires that it was incredibly clear how off it was:

-- I noticed just by looking that hte "La Habana, Cuba" was off -- much too bold -- but who knows, I've seen screwed up bands from Cuba, too

-- The thing that really stuck with me was the shape of the C in "Cohiba" -- in the fake band, it's not squat enough, and the inner part of the C is just off

-- It wasn't until I scanned the bands in that I could see very clearly the color differences in the yellow part of the band.

I fired up Photoshop, and overlaid the two "Cohiba" bands on top of each other, and put a swath of the yellow band color side by side, and it's pretty self-explanatory from there:

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I smoked the fake Cohiba tonight, side by side with a Siglo V -- man if the band wasn't enough, the taste of that thing sure gave it away. incredibly harsh draw, with none of the subtle sweetness and trademark Cohiba flavors.

I've had fake Cubans that didn't taste half bad; this was not one of them. I smoked about 1/2 an inch, then tossed it. Blech.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.