Cigar Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to extend a hello to some new members of CS.

KingMeatyHand
Louis
Veek

Welcome to CS. Grab onto a vine, light up a smoke, and watch that slippery slope.

MoTheMan

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks for the welcome Mo!

Just to introduce myself, I’m from NYC, and have been smoking for about 10 years. Back in 96 I founded a group called The New Amsterdam Cigar Society. We held events and wrote a couple of newsletters.

Around 97 I became a die hard Habanophile and have never looked back. I have tumbled down the slope, franticly trying to keep up with box codes, which years did the sticks look pretty / smoke bad, look bad / smoke good, look good / smoke good! Remember this one…”Yeah, these are really limited and a bit more expensive but they’re only available in Cuba. It’s a special edition Crystal Top box of Esplendido’s!“

Mo was kind enough to let me in on this site. I am in the wine trade (hence my handle – Vino+Geek=Veek) and post a fair amount on the wine boards. I look forward to participating on the board and getting to know you all better.
:D

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Welcome aboard veek!!!

Grab a branch and make yourself comfy!!!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Kingmeatyhand??? I think I'm curious welcome!!!

Welcome to the jungle Louis!

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great intro Veek!

Yup, met Veek back in December. Introduced by a wine buddy of mine in the Village. Hit it off right away when we got to the subject of cigars. But man, I was impressed with his dedication to cigars, his old cigar journal, and even copies of his Amsterdam cigar society newsletter he co-published back in the late 90's.

It was great herfin' with him last Sat night. Had fun!
I was a bit of devil's advocate & gave him some contact info on ISOM's. Kinda' feel guilty that I just nudged him down the slippey slopes a little faster (hee hee hee hee!).

Anyway, welcome aboard again bro'

MoTheMan

P.S. Still haven't heard from KIngMeatyHand or Louis. How about some self intro's Bros', or did you already do that & I missed you?

·
Registered
831 Posts
Thanks for the welcome!

I live in Tampa, Florida and run a web design company as well as a music production company. My moniker has no in-depth meaning or background. It's just something I made up that's fun to say (like Russian hockey players' last names) and can be interpreted in a variety of nonsensical ways.

I was introduced to this board via Google :p. I was trying to buy some cigars as a gift and realized I knew nothing about them.. 1 Google search later and I'm at Top25 pouring over reviews. After seeing the passion that people had for supporting or decrying their favorite/most hated cigars, I was intrigued... now, of course, I'm hooked.

I know nothing about bar-codes or "subtle hints of chocolate that pirouette with a cranberry overtone".. I'm still finding out what I like really. In summation; I am definitely a cigar newb, only smoking since December 2003.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Veek, Kingmeatyhand good to meet ya

Veek it is always good to have someone of your experience in the board. I for one will be glad to pick your brain for the knowledge that I am not worthy to have.

Kingmeatyhand -- King of the meat in hand -- See I would have thought you were a butcher, yeah that's it a butcher. I have really been smoking since December 03 also. Nice to meet a fellow newbie.

At any rate welcome to the jungle. The bush is thick and the smoke is thicker.

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah!
I asked a friend of mine if he bought a couple of bxes of cigars that I had recommended and he said, "yes, more, more more more".
What can I say.
:D

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
Welcome from Kansas.:s

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.