Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy folks!!

The name's Jim, and I'm a cigar-aholic from New Bedford, MA. (that place at the beginning of Moby Dick). After weeks of lurking, I've finally joined up and just wanted to introduce myself to ya'll.

I'm a graphic designer (but not nearly as good as that Eef fella!) and writer. I'm also a semi-pro film critic (in that I get paid, but not very much! LOL) and review movies for my local paper as well as for my horror/sci-fi website, Horrorview.com (hence my handle!). I'm also a musician, but, being 35, I've pretty much accepted the fact that I won't be playing at Budokan anytime soon.

I'm married to a woman who lets me smoke indoors, and rarely complains about the smell. I have 2 dogs and a cat, way too many DVD's, and love to travel (yet hate to fly!), and I'm a diehard Boston Red Sox fan who lives and breaths baseball from February to November.

And I look forward to chatting with all of you :)

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
welcome horrorview!!! Seeing how I am a die hard Yankee fan and all, I'll try to not hold the fact that you're a RED SOX FAN against ya!! :bx

Do you review all movies or just horror/sci fi's? Floydp and I look at movie reviews all the time but we don't watch many horror flicks. I'm way too jumpy for that.. they scare the living :BS out of me!! LOL

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Ms Floyd!!

Actually, Horrorview.com covers pretty much everything from action/adventure to indie comedy, but when I first launched the site a few years ago, it was focused on horror. For example, there's a review for Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow up right now :)

We also review a lot of foreign films, especially Asian cinema, which is some of the craziest stuff your apt to see. :r

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh! And we oughta have fun come Baseball season!!! heheheh

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
I think I may have already done this, but.......Welcome!

Iamveryfondofbananacreampie! :mad:

·
Registered
803 Posts
horrorview said:
I'm a diehard Boston Red Sox fan who lives and breaths baseball from February to November.
Another brother from the "nation" is always a good thing.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Welcome aboard Jim. After reading your reviews on www.horrorview.com, I look forward to reading some of your cigar reviews, especially the bad ones! Hell, I might have to send you some real dog rockets just for a good read :r

·
Registered
904 Posts
Welcome aboard. Always good to have a fellow Red Sox Fan.

Go Sox Go Pats!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Welcome aboard, horrorview!

Scott"welcomewaggon"M

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you all!! You certainly know how to make a new guy feel right at home :)

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
horrorview said:
Hey Ms Floyd!!

Actually, Horrorview.com covers pretty much everything from action/adventure to indie comedy, but when I first launched the site a few years ago, it was focused on horror. For example, there's a review for Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow up right now :)

We also review a lot of foreign films, especially Asian cinema, which is some of the craziest stuff your apt to see. :r
That's a really great site!! I know that we'll get alot of use out of it.

We do watch some sci-fi and some thrillers, we just saw The Forgotten (I just about jumped out of my skin 3 times!!) and it was a GREAT movie!!

Thanks for all your hard work horrorview!

·
Sneaky Bombin Bastage
2,569 Posts
Welcome to CS Jim! Glad you joined us!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.