Cigar Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm smoking a lot 23 maduro right now and Toward the last two inches the Ash has a slight brown tint in the middle, tast fine and all but just curious as to what the cause is?

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree! I had one and loved it, I'm new and haven't had much of a variety but it stuck out so much that I bought 20 for a great deal and I just enjoyed my second one and it's still lovely

·
Registered
177 Posts
Totally third hand supposition here - I was told however that this is because of the nutrients in the soil and that you can sometimes locate tobacco based at least partially on your ash color.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm interesting, definitely didn't tKe away from th quality, and I've seen it on others

I just assumed I was maybe taking to hard of drags maybe burning/discoloring the ash

·
Immature Pufferfish
2,507 Posts
The combustion of tobacco and the resultant chemical compounds formed is still not fully understood as yet. It can be anything, maybe a concentration of some trace elements in the leaf, a spot of irregular combustion, some introduced impurities during the processing of the leaf, etc. that led to the irregular colouring of the ash.

If you look closely you actually get all sorts of other colours: pink, red, blue etc. and even some colour changes as the unstable compounds formed react with oxygen in the air.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.