Cigar Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Still Smitty's biotch!
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday as a whole was a very good cigar day. Not only did timing work out perfectly so that I enjoyed 3 sticks, (I haven't had the opportunity to smoke 3 entire cigars in one day in years!) but all 3 of them were courtesy of the fine BOTLs here.

I just finished another newbie trade with eef, the La Rosa Especial Mi Favorita cigars he ordered for me arrived Thursday. When I opened the outerwrap from the box the aroma completely floored me. The date on the bottom of the box was 2002 so these sticks had been aging and blending for some time awaiting their unwrapping. Getting ready for work Friday morning I still had the aroma of those cigars on my mind so I decided to smoke one on the way to work. Windows down, just 38 degrees and heater blasting I really enjoyed the cigar during my half hour commute. Unfortunately I had to put it out with half of it remaining once I arrived. Sort of the same spiciness of JdNs Antano (although to a lesser extent) with added maduro flavors. The age was really evident as even though the rich flavors were there they were amazingly smooth. I was going to have Aaron launder another box for me, however JR shows the brand sold out now. Found them at a couple other stores that also carry Cigars by Santa Clara brands, they run in the $43 - $50 range. I am still thinking about getting more in case they are gone for good. Thanks eef!
(oh, and take cover for what should be arriving Monday or Tuesday :SM)

The boy took his nap on time for a change, and the wife reported he hadn't slept in so I figured I had time for more than the usual Rothschild/Robusto. I pretty quickly decided to smoke a Gurkha Master's Select Perfecto #1 that Gargamel graciously sent to me a few weeks ago. I am ashamed to admit as a perfecto whore I hadn't yet tried one of these; big mistake! I don't know why but I had previously mentally dismissed Gurkha as an overpriced/hyped brand. The cigar burnt perfectly (which is rare for perfectos) and tasted marvellous during the full hour to hour and a half sitting. I would take one of these over an EMS wrapped Aurora Preferedio that costs 3 to 4 times the price. Thanks Gargamel!

Not much later in the afternoon a package from our resident celebrity BOTL Kansashat arrived in my mailbox. Included in the sampling of 5 nice cigars was a Maria Mancini De Gaulle (M or N Alan?). I was having a hard time getting to sleep last night, (probably the hours of video games I had been playing) so I decided to enjoy a cigar and a drink to unwind. I sat out on the front porch around 12:30 and spent the next hour slowly savoring that cigar while sipping a great Dogfish Head 60 minute IPA. More MMs will be finding their way into my cooler to be certain.. Thanks Kansashat!

Thanks gang!
-Matt-

·
Registered
803 Posts
The ones I've had burned perfectly as well. Just one thing...it was actually a Master's Select Centurian XX. The ones that were (allegedly) commissioned for the Sultan of Brunei. I have really enjoyed the ones I've smoked and I'm glad you did as well. I had read your "perfecto" post and noticed it wasn't on there with the 20,000 or so other perfectos you had recommended. I was like "what??? Matt has never smoked these?..this can't be right".

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
That was a nattie. Hope you enjoy the Aristoff.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Gargamel said:
The ones I've had burned perfectly as well. Just one thing...it was actually a Master's Select Centurian XX. The ones that were (allegedly) commissioned for the Sultan of Brunei. I have really enjoyed the ones I've smoked and I'm glad you did as well. I had read your "perfecto" post and noticed it wasn't on there with the 20,000 or so other perfectos you had recommended. I was like "what??? Matt has never smoked these?..this can't be right".
I just smoked the first of a tube of these over the weekend. Wow. Much richer, and more complex than the MS perfecto #1 (though it also lists for about 4 x as much $$). At MSRP ($30 I think) it would be a non-starter with me, but for the $8 or so I paid these are fantastic! Leaving the other 13 to rest peacefully in their tobacco bed for a while...

·
Registered
273 Posts
No thanks to me?

Probably has something to do with the fact that I never sent you anything :D

Oh, I remember we were supposed to do a trade for some of my "El Cheapo" smokes but Matt, ya gotta remember, I have a TERRIBLE MEMORY and a short attention span so I just plain forgot, sorry about that :confused:

Lemme know if you'd still like to as I think I have some cigars that would be right up your alley :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.