Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
HOT for HILLARY!!
Joined
·
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry just needed to vent. Some asshole friend of my tool roomates parked in my spot...so I was pissed and tried pulling into another spot. Didnt see that a post had a 4 inch bolt sticking out from it. Bolt scraped and dented half the length of my new truck. That #$%#ing dodge neon that took my spot is now in the middle of the street. Even if it doesnt snow, a tow strap is very useful. :sb :sb :sb :sb
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
882 Posts
AAlmeter said:
Sorry just needed to vent. Some asshole friend of my tool roomates parked in my spot...so I was pissed and tried pulling into another spot. Didnt see that a post had a 4 inch bolt sticking out from it. Bolt scraped and dented half the length of my new truck. That #$%#ing dodge neon that took my spot is now in the middle of the street. Even if it doesnt snow, a tow strap is very useful. :sb :sb :sb :sb
Sorry to hear that. That sucks but glad to hear that you had a tow strap.
 

·
HOT for HILLARY!!
Joined
·
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, now i need a lot of bondo and paint. unfortunately i am going to have to hire this out...beyond my ability and the truck is too nice to have me f it up. i hope the $5 in my wallet will cover it.

It just pisses me off because Ive had it 2 months and I spent 4 years of college working and saving for it, Story of my life.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
681 Posts
I feel for you, that would make me sick. Well if you have insurance it's not so bad, and can be easily fixed and restored to pristine condition.

On a lighter note:

Words of advice;

Don't take matters into your own hands because
a couple of primates here are in "Law Enforcement"...Maybe you could PM them with the plate #......they’ll take care of it "Law Way".
:ms :gn :s :hn
Just kidding guys, and AAlmeter, just trying to cheer you up.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,267 Posts
Dude, totally sucks. You have my sympathy but I like your style. Excellent way to handle the situation. If it were me, I might be walking away from the other person's car with a crowbar :D
 

·
HOT for HILLARY!!
Joined
·
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
insurance rates will kill me probably...so either way im up the messy creek without a paddle.

look for some cigars in the auction area soon. gotta pay for this somehow
 

·
HOT for HILLARY!!
Joined
·
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LasciviousXXX said:
Dude, totally sucks. You have my sympathy but I like your style. Excellent way to handle the situation. If it were me, I might be walking away from the other person's car with a crowbar :D
I dont have a crowbar....Hey Kamikaiguy...can I come over and borrow a crowbar?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,267 Posts
AAlmeter said:
insurance rates will kill me probably...so either way im up the messy creek without a paddle.

look for some cigars in the auction area soon. gotta pay for this somehow
Man that sucks, great for the rest of us but its always a sad day when you have sell some smokes to make due.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
681 Posts
One claim won't raise your rate depending on who you’re with. Also if your deductible isn’t maxed like mine you should be ok...right?
 

·
HOT for HILLARY!!
Joined
·
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
$500 deduct.

Hopefully the damage isnt much more than that. Tomorrow Im going to hit the gym in the morning, bench press my anger away, and then see if I can fix it myself....but I doubt it.

I know whoever I take it to will want to repaint the whole side of the truck. :sb

Tomorrow morning those damn posts are coming out too. Dont give a damn what the landlord says. And chandes are the fence will be gone too. It blocks the view while backing out...its only a matter of time before someone gets creamed from that.

I think tomorrow is going to be one of those :gn :SM days
 

·
What would Skeeter do?
Joined
·
4,202 Posts
Sleep on it & think about it. Maybe there is a way to get your landlord's insurance to pay for the damage?
 

·
HOT for HILLARY!!
Joined
·
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
AAlmeter said:
Sorry just needed to vent. Some asshole friend of my tool roomates parked in my spot...so I was pissed and tried pulling into another spot. Didnt see that a post had a 4 inch bolt sticking out from it. Bolt scraped and dented half the length of my new truck. That #$%#ing dodge neon that took my spot is now in the middle of the street. Even if it doesnt snow, a tow strap is very useful. :sb :sb :sb
Oops, that neon was my roomates new car. Still should know better than to take my spot. I found the house, I manage the bills, I get the good spot. :gn
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
882 Posts
AAlmeter said:
Oops, that neon was my roomates new car. Still should know better than to take my spot. I found the house, I manage the bills, I get the good spot. :gn
:r Then he needs to pay for it or atleast half. How dare he take the good spot. :D Figures I found this crow bar just for you

You can atleast use it next time he parks in your spot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
806 Posts
kansashat said:
Sleep on it & think about it. Maybe there is a way to get your landlord's insurance to pay for the damage?
I'm with kansashat on this one. Here's the deal....If the space you parked in was a designated parking space by the apt's.......the bolt was protruding from the pole to do damage to a car parking there.... i.e. you, and it did! Then I would say that the owners of the property should be responsible for the damage. Also, how good was the lighting? Good enough to see the pole and the bolt? Go to bed and get a good night sleep and attack tomorrow!!!!

....just my .02 cents :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,743 Posts
Geez man I know how that feels. I crashed my new car only after 3 months that I had taken it out brand spankin' new. That was a long time ago though but I still remember the frustration. The fellow gorillas here have given you good advice.
 

·
What would Skeeter do?
Joined
·
4,202 Posts
Keep us posted as to how this turns out.
 

·
HOT for HILLARY!!
Joined
·
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Got some pictures I will put up in a minute so everyone can bask in my misery.
Also going to take some tonight to show the visibility at night, which is very little.


Any idea how to go about getting this rolling? Contact the landlord, contact their insurance? Continue running around screaming "My truck my truck"?

Thanks for the ideas, support, and crowbars everyone.
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top