Cigar Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After deciding to go the coolidor route now that my other 2 humis are full I picked up this one:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/prod...00000003260410&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=5663765

I was planning on the marine 5 day 50qt. but they were out of stock. This one seems to seal really well and offers 10qts. more volume for same price.
Does anyone see a problem with this cube shape as opposed to the longer chest ?

· Registered
310 Posts
You may have some trouble with humidity levels varying from top to bottom. I've heard of humidity "settling" near the bottom to a degree, so you may need to watch to make sure your smokes at the bottom aren't too wet. If you could get a fan in there to circulate air every know and then, you will have less of an issue. I have an oust fan in mine, but they don't make them anymore. I'm sure someone here can point you to something similar.

· Can walk again.
9,093 Posts
If you do go with it, they are great. I have one. No issues with humidity from top to bottom. Especially if the humidification media is placed in the bottom. I've got about 30 boxes in there with room for about 2 more.

· Registered
891 Posts
Dont try to fool yourself into thinking that will be enough!
Go big or go home!

Save yourself some money in the long run. :tu
Great advice from someone who's been there. :tu

The Cube would be fine, but the truth is that there isn't much room. I have a Cube cooler and it's good for stacking cans of beer and not much else. Follow bobarian's advice...go big, rookie :ss

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They did have the 120qt Igloo chest for $53 at my walmart. My rational was that when the 60 qt. cube didn't cut it anymore for volume it would be the perfect summer beverage cooler for my deck and I could move up to the 150 qt. chest. The 120 qt. seemed so damned big when I looked at it today I just couldn't see myself starting with it. I do however understand that you guys are speaking from experience and have traversed the slippery slope long enough to know it's only a matter of time before I'm buying a bigger cooler. Of course this is not the best time of year for buying a cooler here in the northeast. Not a big seller when it's 25 deg. F outdoors and store stock as at a minimum. No wonder I couldn't find a Oust fan after hitting 3 stores. Just read they don't make them anymore..:hn

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Returned the 60 qt. cube and picked up the 120 qt. polar. Ordered some empty boxes from CI, oust fan from e-bay. Prepping her for huimidification today.

· Registered
339 Posts
these work great i did the same thing with a coleman ordered spanish cedar from the back of popular woodworking or wood magazine one of the to, cut to size for the sides bottom and the top used a hot glue gun to attach. i got these plastic trays kind of like a humidor tray only larger cut them to fit added legs out of dowel material so i could stack them used the tub that came with the cooler and added trays to it for my prized sticks. thing works very good had it about 10 years good luck with yours think you will find it works great

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.