Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
In Mojita Mania
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who missed out on the first group buy (and those who got one, but might want another), I might be able to make another one happen. I need everyone who is interested to please post to this thread 1 time with the total number of cutters you might be interested in, so that I may get a count. The price I am sorry to say will not be as low as the first group buy, but will definitely be below $30 (plus shipping). I will need to have a pretty good idea of how many are wanted within let's say a weeks time. If we can reach 25 by the end of next week, I'll make it happen.

·
Still Smitty's biotch!
3,335 Posts
Depending on how many of you need these cutters, you may want to contact the user "thecellshop" on eBay. Do a search for Palio Cutter and this user's current auction will come up.

He frequently sells Palio cutters "Buy It Now" for $15 or $20 with free shipping. I got mine for $15; but his current dutch auction (9 available) has them @ $20.

I don't mean to steal your thunder/step on your toes here OpusEx; but $15 or $20 vs $30 is quite a significant savings. Perhaps if you ask this seller if they have a lot available; even a better than the $15 price could be obtained.

Apparently this guy has a good source for the Palio cutters. I will post another comment in this thread to let you know that the cutter arrived OK, etc.. The price seemed soo low I was a little leary - let me be the guinea pig.

Matt

·
Registered
623 Posts
txmatt said:
Depending on how many of you need these cutters, you may want to contact the user "thecellshop" on eBay. Do a search for Palio Cutter and this user's current auction will come up.

He frequently sells Palio cutters "Buy It Now" for $15 or $20 with free shipping. I got mine for $15; but his current dutch auction (9 available) has them @ $20.

I don't mean to steal your thunder/step on your toes here OpusEx; but $15 or $20 vs $30 is quite a significant savings. Perhaps if you ask this seller if they have a lot available; even a better than the $15 price could be obtained.

Apparently this guy has a good source for the Palio cutters. I will post another comment in this thread to let you know that the cutter arrived OK, etc.. The price seemed soo low I was a little leary - let me be the guinea pig.

Matt
Matt- You may want to read this From another post:

OpusEx said:
FYI A large inventory of Palio's was stolen recently (I know this from having a direct conversation with the owner of the company that makes them, who I just informed about the E-bay posting) and is the reason so many retailers had them on backorder recently, which effected the recent group buy on this board. The price listed on E-bay is below what the distributor sells them for to retailers, so while I'm not saying this guy who has them listed is not on the "up and up" I'll leave it to all of you to make your own decision. If you just look at it as a great buy for yourself and can keep your conscious clear, then go for it. I have offered to do another group buy on a post below this one, if anyone has any interest.
I, myself would not want to support a thief!

Source post: http://www.clubstogie.com/vb/showthread.php?t=5805

·
Still Smitty's biotch!
3,335 Posts
cigartexan said:
Matt- You may want to read this From another post:
I, myself would not want to support a thief!
Source post: http://www.clubstogie.com/vb/showthread.php?t=5805
I wish I had seen that post sooner - I have to agree supporting a possible thief is not good.

Interestingly enough the auction for the 9 that was up yesterday is now closed showing 5 available. Maybe this person didn't do well enough staying under the radar.

If this guy puts these up on eBay again I would think twice about buying from him now.. Sorry to any of you I gave bad advice to by posting the link.

Matt

·
In Mojita Mania
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
NewGeneration85 said:
I'll talk to a few of my friends that arent on the boards, see if I can get them in on it, your guessing sub $30 correct?
That is correct, I will guarantee that the price will be below $30 (not inclusive of shipping to each person).

·
In Mojita Mania
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Price will be $27.50 + shipping. We are at 10 cutters wanted now, I'll give it a few more days (let's say till Wednesday night) to see if anyone else wants to jump in.

·
In Mojita Mania
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This is still a go. I will be out of town until Thursday July 29th, so let's just see if anyone else wants in on this until then. Upon my return I will post and finalize payment details and get shipping addy's, etc.

·
In Mojita Mania
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok, back from a great time in Vegas. Got a PM inquiring about 2 more, so now I think the count is 12. Anybody else?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.