Cigar Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a big fan of both The Sopranos and 24 TV shows. I really like these shows because I rent the DVDs and can watch them on my own terms.....which makes it really fun to watch, being able to watch the whole season over a one week period and having the ability to pause, skip back and the excellent sound/picture quality are a major +.

24 reminds me of a very good comic book. The plot is way bigger than life. Twists and turns, multiple cliffhangers, major frustration and all in a one day period. My wife sits and watches this every Tues. night, for 24 episodes (1/2 a year)! I wait and watch the whole season in a week. If you can suspend belief and like comic book style action, by all means rent it! You will be caught up in it within the first 10 minutes. This is the 2nd season I've watched the series. Once you get beyond the fact the main characters daughter has horrible decision making skills, the show rocks.

The Soprano's kicks ass. The glorification of mobsters is a problem with a few of my friends, but I see it strictly as entertainment, good writing and great acting. I've watched the first 3 seasons on DVD too. Addictive as all get out. Now the 4th season is coming next week and I'll soon get my fix of armchair mobbing. Little Steven is cool as all get out as a right hand man to both the Boss and The Boss! ;) Mass cigars smoked on the Sopranos too!

Both shows in this format are like a really good book. Great Fun.

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tivo sounds very interesting. I think that will be one of those Xmas presents I'll purchase that benefits me too! My wife can finally take her time and compile them all together. I just like having the whole series at once, can't wait a week at a time. Does TiVO edit commercials?

By the way, I should add that it is real easy to forgive the main character's daughters horrible decision making skills, I don't know why?

Attachments

·
Registered
283 Posts
haha what tv show is that again?

(trying to figure out my remote...)

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
W/O getting into too many details....let's say you have one of these sort of deals and you wanted more area to store stuff (gigs) I hear from a semi quasi reliable source a fellow could do that. This fellow says he has 120 of them gigs in his 3 yr. old box.

Is that easy enough to do?

Is it neccasary?

Have any of you heard of doing this?

He loves his Tivo(s) and has 2, I think he has to pay 2 subscription fees, I'm not sure though. Thanks for any info ya'all may have on them there questions. rns

·
Registered
756 Posts
2 tivos, 2 subscription fees.
i have heard of someone that 'piggybacked' another hard drive into a tivo, but i know nothing about it.
not sure i understand your question all that well.
i know i have the 60 hour machine and it would be hard to fill and keep filled.
jimmy

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
60 hours is fine. That just about sums it up, I'll be getting one for Xmas! I could record 2 and 1/2 seasons of 24;) . Thanks

·
Registered
756 Posts
tivo is great. but if you happen to miss 24, which would make you absolutely insane IMO, then you can just steal it off the internet the next day ;)

jimmy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts