Cigar Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after a mild November here in central VA we got a nice little dose of snow last night. My wife and I were in Annapolis and the drive back on 301 was over an hour longer than our usual time.

35mph, in the dark, no tracks to follow, no lines to be seen for a while. We got back ok and now it’s in the 20's today.....brrrrrrrr... Looks like I'll be getting by on some Cohiba clubs for a while.

Stay warm gorillas, and happy holidays.

·
-
11,412 Posts
20's??? after spending 2+ weeks up in alaska where the average HIGH temp was in the -10's, that's t-shirt weather!!

:c

but my cold tolerance wore off fast. i'm already smokin in the garage with the door cracked and space heater about 2' away... :mad:

·
Shags homely sheep
5,059 Posts
IHT said:
20's??? after spending 2+ weeks up in alaska where the average HIGH temp was in the -10's, that's t-shirt weather!!

:c

but my cold tolerance wore off fast. i'm already smokin in the garage with the door cracked and space heater about 2' away... :mad:
Not to brag fella's but we're having a Santa Anna here in So Cal. Highs in the 80's and yesterday I had a Sancho Panza Xtra Fuerte on my front balcony at 7:00 until it cooled off, to about 60, and drove me in the house.

·
X Canadian
1,306 Posts
1f1fan said:
Well after a mild November here in central VA we got a nice little dose of snow last night. My wife and I were in Annapolis and the drive back on 301 was over an hour longer than our usual time.

35mph, in the dark, no tracks to follow, no lines to be seen for a while. We got back ok and now it's in the 20's today.....brrrrrrrr... Looks like I'll be getting by on some Cohiba clubs for a while.

Stay warm gorillas, and happy holidays.
F1, talk about an experience that is a polar opposite. Last night about 10:00 after doing Christmas honey do's all day, I took my car out for a drive and with the sunroof open, the windows down and listening to the radio went and looked at Christmas lights around town for an hour. It might have been 70 degrees. :z

Unfortunately, it's looking like it's going to be a warm Christmas .

Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Well up here it is -27 degrees celsius {-16.6 F} and with windchill -35 degrees celsius {-31F}. So it will be a green xmas since it is too damn cold for even the snow.

·
Registered
21,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
(909) said:
F1, talk about an experience that is a polar opposite. Last night about 10:00 after doing Christmas honey do's all day, I took my car out for a drive and with the sunroof open, the windows down and listening to the radio went and looked at Christmas lights around town for an hour. It might have been 70 degrees. :z

Unfortunately, it's looking like it's going to be a warm Christmas .

Merry Christmas!
Yeah...yeah....I should have told all you SoCal guys not to reply to this thread :r

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Hey, be glad we're not in buffalo -5 degrees, real temp!!!

The cold wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for this darned wind!!

·
Registered
672 Posts
Butch said:
Well up here it is -27 degrees celsius {-16.6 F} and with windchill -35 degrees celsius {-31F}. So it will be a green xmas since it is too damn cold for even the snow.
-5 degrees celsius here...

·
Skeeter's Confidant
7,197 Posts
Picked up a CAO Samba last night and its to dang frigid to smoke it.

9 when I got up this morning and its all the way up to 18.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Churchlady said:
Hey, be glad we're not in buffalo -5 degrees, real temp!!!

The cold wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for this darned wind!!
You ever notice how we rarely blame the temperature? For instance, its not that it is hot, it's the humidity. Or as mentioned above, it isn't that cold, it's the wind. I do agree, but it is pretty funny.

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
My wife keeps a very warm house. Luckily, my smokes are in my office & I can control the temps a bit there, but the front of the house last nite was 78 degrees! We heat with wood in the winter, so it can be hard to control the tempurature.
I got up last nite & cracked a window in the living room & it had dropped to 72 by this morning. Now, she is happy as a clam with 78, but my cojones start to sweat at about 75 degrees. :fu

Hope that wasn't too much information. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.