Cigar Forums banner

2 degrees above zero

Tags
degrees
2K views 38 replies 26 participants last post by  str8edg 
#1 ·
It's 2 degrees above zero. The urge has taken over. I'm a big AVO fan and it's time to smoke my first ever AVO Signature. I put on my brightly colored thermal Packer jacket and knit hat that reads "SUPER PARTY Las Vegas" which I received last summer from the Miller Lite girls giving taste tests when I visited Sin City. My often troublesome Colibri lighter decides to light tonight and I'm on my way. If it wasn't for the Ron Bacardi Rum, I'd probably still be inside, warm, watching reruns of Seinfeld. Half way through this cigar, I'm realizing I made the right decision. A night in the life of an outdoor Wisconsin winter cigar smoker.

#2 ·
Good times, bro. This Alabama boy spent two weeks @ your western neighbor across the river last year at the end of January/start of Feb. and I've gotta say.....I thought you folks were CRAZY for living in such conditions! The day we flew back, the temperature was literally minus-7 with a wind chill of minus-27. I took my coat off when we got off the plane in Memphis and were greeted with moderate 38 degree weather! haha Glad ya had a good time tonight and wanted ya to know we're pullin for the Pack this Sunday and hopefully the next!!

JWR

#5 ·
1 degree F here right now, and I am smoking an RyJ POW...in my 70 degree basement. ;)

Kudos to you as others have said for doing whatever it takes to smoke!

P.S....I have an old school Chief Oshkosh beer can on my computer desk....one of the old pull tab kinds. :)

#6 ·
Hats off to you, may it should be hats on and gloves on and scarf and coat and boots etc...

I know if I couldlnt hang smoking in those temps, anything lower than about 55 and I have to head inside to smoke.

I see folks in Green Bay during the games in that crazy cold and just shake my head in wonder. I know you probably acclimate to your climate, but sub-zero just aint right.

Hope you northern boys find warmer temps soon. KEEP on SMOKIN'.

#8 ·
I hate the windchill so I smoke in my garage with the door open if there is any kind of breeze. I'm still pissed that i don't allow myself to smoke in the house! :r
This Sunday's games are going to be great: the weather for the Pats game is going to be with temps in the teens, snow showers and below zero wind chill (this will be the "warm" game); the Packers game is going to be in colder conditions: Bring on the Frozen Tundra! I'll be in my warm living room watching it on the big screen and may allow myself to smoke inside :tu.

#11 ·
God Bless you folks... People in Florida Seize up and Die when it gets under 40 Degrees (with wind chill...HAAAA).

I must admit, under 40 and I feel cold, but don't tell my NY family that!!!

#12 ·
... which I received last summer from the Miller Lite girls giving taste tests when I visited Sin City...
What did they taste like? :dr:dr

Maybe some of you freeezing place guys could get a propane dish type radiating heater. My weather problem is rain. I'm thinking a gazebo would be nice. You could make a winterizable gazebo and enjoy it all year long.:ss

#13 ·
I used to fly to the fly-in in OSH every summer. There were several summers where it was miserable hot and humid. I saw two fly-in attendees pass out from the heat one year. Then, there's the winters. I've watched the weather for years and your part of the country always has the coldest weather.

WyoBob (in the garage with coffee and a Partagas Black and darned glad I am not smoking outside)

#20 ·
All I am going to say is right now it is -36F with a windchill of -69F skin freezes in 3 min!!

So ya you can get used to any climate, I only smoke outdoors. I have room on the front of my house that does nothing but block the wind, I smoke there. But I will not smoke in anything colder than -22F (-30C)

I find it funny when you guys talk cold... of course I would die in the warm weather!! There is no way I could smoke in the Florida summer heat!

#21 ·
All I am going to say is right now it is -36F with a windchill of -69F skin freezes in 3 min!!

So ya you can get used to any climate, I only smoke outdoors. I have room on the front of my house that does nothing but block the wind, I smoke there. But I will not smoke in anything colder than -22F (-30C)

I find it funny when you guys talk cold... of course I would die in the warm weather!! There is no way I could smoke in the Florida summer heat!
:ss I am in total awe .....

Kinda makes this measly 15F (feels like 2F) here on the prairie seem like a heat wave.

#23 ·
I have yet to find any cigar that would make me stand in 2 degree weather to smoke. But then I smoke indoors whenever I want so maybe that attitude would change if I had to smoke outdoors.

I will be looking for the headline in the news this winter:

“Man found frozen while smoking favorite cigar”

Stay warm & be safe if you can.

Chas

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.