Cigar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When do you decide to leave the cello on our off.

My system is VERY rigorous. If the stick comes with it on, on it stays. If not, nude it goes into my humidor. :)

Also if it's in a tubo, it stays in there too, though I may remove the cap.

I suppose my feeling is if I get mold or the dreaded cigar beetle some of my sticks will survive.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,923 Posts
I keep the cello on for protection, the wrapper is permeable, allowing oxygen and humidity to pass through. If your aging cigars clip the end of the cello off and they will age quicker.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I keep the cello on for protection, the wrapper is permeable, allowing oxygen and humidity to pass through. If your aging cigars clip the end of the cello off and they will age quicker.
Yup, exactly right. I don't age my cigars that long, no discipline. Smoke 'em within tow weeks :) For those who want to age for over a year, a lower RH around 65 is best, especially with Cubans.

·
Registered
6,923 Posts
Personally for me I won't consider it aging until you hit the 5 year mark, anything under that is a good rest :) and cello or not I can't say I see much a difference either way

"I have you now" - Vader
Agreed, I've never aged anything. From what I've read it helps the process. I'm a smoke em if you got em type guy.

·
Super Moderator
16,709 Posts
Don't buy cigars that come in cello .. problem solved, question answered... easy peasy

Sent from ... hey Jon, where's my damn sandwich

1 - 20 of 26 Posts