Cigar Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG!
34,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me start off by saying i intended this to be a full review with pictures. How ever that is not possible as the pictures i took somehow are not on the memory card. I have purchased another card and that seemed to be the problem. This cigar was gifted to me by Dave HydroRaven okay here we go.

This is a box pressed beauty firmly packed and very firm on the draw. Clipped the head very faint barnyard, earth, sweetness. Toasted the foot draw very tight not much smoke.

1st half

Not your typical Partagas short. This one is creamy sweet twangy with a touch of fruity berries. The wrapper is sharp and spicy and has a lovely aroma. Draw continues to stay tight really hindering the smoking of this well aged Havana.

2nd half

Cigar has a razor sharp burn light grey ash tinged with black. Very spicy anise earthy and strong. At times this cigar is slightly sour and bitter. It is not over-humidified as it has been resting all week in a perfect 60-63% R/H. And it looked like it was at perfect R/H when Dave gifted it to me. About 2 inches left and it is starting to flatten out. Tastes more like a Johnny-O or a Nicaraguan cigar that a Partagas short. Draw is better and it continues to provide flavors i have never tasted in a Partagas short. Quite frankly any Partagas for that matter.

All in all this was a wonderful cigar gifted cigars are always special.
Thanks Dave (HYDRORAVEN)
:tea::tea::tea::tea::tea:

· Immature Pufferfish
2,539 Posts
Nice review mate. :)

A real quality little stick to retain its power after so many years.

· THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG!
34,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for stopping in and reading my review gents!
Next time i will have pictures i promise!:attention:

· Registered
5,051 Posts
Nice review - thanks, Tony!

I just find it amazing that a Partagas short made it since 1999 without Tony smoking it!
As interesting as the review is, I think the story of this cigar's many years avoiding Tony's clutches (and lighter) might be even more fascinating!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.