Cigar Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Minister of Propaganda
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So… my tractor is for sale. (As a proud hillbilly, this is a hard decision) I’ve been letting go of some properties this year and I no longer need a tractor this large. Purchased brand new by my dad in 1997, it’s been a 1-owner(ish) vehicle and always stored in a barn on the same property all its life. I’ve been the only operator and mechanic since he passed in 2014.

2WD, it’s got about 265-270 hours on it. Yes, I’m dumb and didn’t write down the exact hours before I left town last time.

Since new, I’ve changed the following: fuel filters, oil filters, battery, and battery leads. Dealer installed the front bumper and weight and added antifreeze to the rear tire to provide ample traction. Everything else is exactly as it left the factory.

Alternator charges when running, but the battery will slowly discharge when it’s not. I added quick disconnects on the battery leads to stop killing batteries. I installed a brand new battery in September. Like most British vehicles, it has some electrical gremlins. Lights occasionally work, sometimes they’re wonky. It’s a simple mechanical Diesel engine though, so as long as the starter circuit works (it does) and the glow plugs get warm (they do), the rest of the electrical system is nearly inconsequential. But if you like to run a tractor on the roads after dark, you’re going to want to spend a few minutes getting the lights right.

No implements are available. Tractor located just off I-20 in Georgia, halfway between Atlanta and the Alabama state line in Villa Rica.

I live 4 hours away, but still have family on the the property who can assist with show-and-tell.

I do not have the ability to transport the tractor, so the buyer will need either an equipment trailer or a friend with a roll-back wrecker.

Priced at $9,000 firm. Comes with a mystery 5er ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Do you have to wear denim overalls and a straw hat while operating it? :)

·
Minister of Propaganda
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I suggest it.

Though, I’d be lying if I said I’d never driven it in raggedy shorts and flip flops.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
That thing would look good repainted and driving through town. I'm more of a jet ski or surf board kind of guy but I dig that machine.

·
THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG!
29,733 Posts
Looks brand new,
Your Dad must be looking down at you proud.
You keeping it up all these years.
Good luck with the sale.
I will ask all my upstate friends and car nuts.
Many collect them up here.
All the best Tony

Reactions: Wheels Up

·
Minister of Propaganda
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, y’all. An older gentleman who restores vintage tractors for a hobby contacted me today. Sale pending. That was quick!

·
Registered
314 Posts
My parents bought a used Ford tractor from the '60s (I believe) to help with the property (horses and mom's gardening needs). I learned to operate it before getting my driver's license. Fast-forward to present day and I was eye-balling some "small" tractors with excavator attachments for use around my property...then I saw the price tag for even used units! Crush that fantasy, I don't have enough work around to afford one so, luckily, there's a local place that rents small excavators for the day I'll be using.

30 years later I'm now wishing dad wouldn't have sold it because it ran great. Even had a rear PTO and hauling bucket. Dang! Hindsight, ya know?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts