Cigar Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered some singles of these limited production Salamones for a get together with the GOOSE and DIPTERAN. First impression upon receipt of these beautiful looking smokes was that they were light (in terms of weight) in the hand for the vitola. The Goose's first impression of the smoke confirmed "a lack of density" in the stick, and the first half of the smoke was disappointingly mediocre. The second half gained in weight and flavor, but didn't provide anything too special from this apparently ineptly named Especialidad.

Anybody else tried one? Thanks, Brit

·
Registered
126 Posts
I was there and it's all true! These extremely pricey stogies were o.k. but nowhere near the quality that Lusi should have gotten for his hard-earned bucks.
We had to smoke Royal Selection #12s afterwards to fill our need for a dense and flavorful cigar.

Thanks, Lusi, for your generosity, and I hope that whoever sold you those sticks
hears about it.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mike, Thanks for your condolences. I'd be interested to know if you've heard great things about this smoke only from vendors or from others who've smoked one? In any case, I have the distinct feeling that the three sticks we got were underfilled, and they may just be an anomoly, but even that shouldn't happen in such a limited production. Any further imput appreciated. Thanks, Brit

·
Registered
623 Posts
Brit-

I smoked one at SoCal IV. It was a pretty damm good cigar IMHO. Mine was not light in weight at all. It was the last cigar I smoked the first night, after quite a few smokes and it was full. Sorry that you, Jerry and the Goose had such a bad time with them. Poker smoked one from a different source than mine and I never quite got his reaction. Maybe he will chime in with a comment. Mine was a gift, but I do know those wern't cheap and I feel your pain...

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
CT & POKER,

Thanks, fellows, for your feedback. We didn't have a "bad" time--just less than a grand time. Now is time to chalk it up to another time yet to come, I hope one day with each of you!

Best to both of you,
Brit

1 - 7 of 7 Posts