Cigar Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in tax-crazy Washington State. We're the state that has 150% tobacco tax. I saw a skinny lil' Macunudo at the local cigar shop today, only $11.99! So now Seattle wants to tax espresso! 10 cents a cup, any fancy espresso drink you purchase they want to tax 10 cents, with monies going to early learning for kids. It never ends. Story made yesterdays NY times. The initiative backers believe it will raise anywhere from 1.6 to 6.7 million dollars! Pretty good math 'eh! Just a little 5.1 million dollar cushion. :rolleyes:

Bill Gates has donated over 30 million dollars to local schools in just the past 5 years, I sure hope it wasn't some of Bills' kids who came up with this idea! Just so we wouldn't tax hard drives.

While we're on the subject of taxes, shouldn't these parents be using their Earned Income Credit or Child Tax Credit to help pay for day care? Last I checked, there was even a Child and Dependent Care Credit, where parents can deduct part of their day care expenses. And if that weren't enough, the federal government has just increased the amount of the Child Tax Credit and sent rebates out to parents.

Coffee used to be a dime a cup, time for some folks to relaxnthink up here in the NW. Hey I feel much better just getting this off my chest. Thanks. rns :)

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
At 10 cents a cup you could quick afford your own machine and make youself. People should just boycott buying them and then they would not even make the sales tax that they were already making.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts